What did you do in the garden today?

I set out two white hardy hibiscus and a Texas Star hibiscus this morning before it got too hot. I also set out an iris and planted some pole beans. I am turning my vegetable garden to a raised bed flower/vegetable garden. This afternoon I plan to set out 4 grape vines Catawba, Niagra, and two muscidine grapes. I also want to set out some hollyhock and knockout roses.

I was hoping someone could help me identify this plant with the berries.
I went to a nursery today and picked up a Tiff Blue Blueberry to go with my other rabbiteyes. And a Lantana and a Sweedish Ivy. They had this plant growing on their fence and when I asked them what it was they told me it was just a weed.
I brought home some new starts off of it, but they suffered from the heat on the way home. I am hoping they will recover.

Last edited:
I was hoping someone could help me identify this plant with the berries. I went to a nursery today and picked up a Tiff Blue Blueberry to go with my other rabbiteyes. And a Lantana and a Sweedish Ivy. They had this plant growing on their fence and when I asked them what it was they told me it was just a weed. I brought home some new starts off of it, but they suffered from the heat on the way home. I am hoping they will recover.
what do th leaves look like? Is it thorny?

Chickadoodles

it looks like its Muscatine, have you tried to taste it yet? it should be sour and tart, its typically used to make jams and wine....

Muscatine is a wild grape, we have some on our street all over the place, make sure you wear gloves when harvesting it as it produces a oil that makes your skin itch, but my GLW bantam rooster Galaxy loved them, so it was worth it

Chickadoodles

it looks like its Muscatine, have you tried to taste it yet? it should be sour and tart, its typically used to make jams and wine....

Muscatine is a wild grape, we have some on our street all over the place, make sure you wear gloves when harvesting it as it produces a oil that makes your skin itch, but my GLW bantam rooster Galaxy loved them, so it was worth it
muscidine leaves look like other grape leaves. I can't tell from the picture. I drove my first post for my grapes today. I hope to get them in the ground tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom