What did you do in the garden today?

Regarding the peach trees. My peach tree always blooms before my apple trees.

Please tell us about this, with pictures. :)

Same. My peach trees bloomed around March 20th, according to this picture. My apple trees didn't bloom until about 2 weeks ago.

View attachment 3806653

We had a freeze after my peaches bloomed. I really thought they'd be toast but both trees have fruit. I'm quite surprised... Now I'm just praying they make it to harvest. One has already dropped some fruit. 🙏🙏🙏

That's my experience too but I've no idea why.

I'd love to see that too please.

Good to know about the peach trees! I've never had them before, so figured they know what they're doing (for the most part).

I will do my best to post soap updates for y'all!

It's just dusk here so we went out to make sure the kits were in a better position to stay inside the nest box (and to check on the little one that was so cold and weak this morning). All 7 kits were in the nest and all were pink and healthy. We didn't want to mess with them too much so I didn't check for full bellys but with the quick check we did, I swear all appeared to have full tummies. I'll check for sure tomorrow morning. Scarlet is a very good natured momma, a little fresh greens hold her attention really well.

I'd forgotten how silly, goofy, and adorable baby pigeons were!
And oh so warm, soft & snuggly! They actually Love being hugged, they'll nestle against your neck, right under the chin. Then if you look & your eyes meet, they reach up & give ya a gentle pigeon kiss on your lips. That little sweet move naturally makes me smile, then baby pigeon sees my smiling mouth & tries to get fed! Nothing will make ya laugh quite like a baby pigeon trying to get it's beak into your mouth to be fed 🤣 it is just the most endearing & hilarious thing. DH laughed just seeing it happen. Baby pigeon trying to push your mouth open, you're laughing & trying to Not open your mouth...gotta love them!

Here's a pic of my special needs cross beak gal, she still gives me pigeon kisses, tries to preen eyelashes, even as an adult, always makes me laugh. (Sorry I may have posted pics of her b4, I don't have pics of a baby pigeon doing this.. yet anyway. It is not easy holding the phone for pics with baby pigeons doing this...they push much more which makes me laugh more, I'd surely drop the phone again.
20231119_161114.jpg 20231119_161122.jpg 20231114_152634.jpg 20231114_152531.jpg 20231114_152436.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 3807120
Bo Berry biscuits are blueberry biscuits, very tender and sweet enough without icing!
Look really delicious, but yeah I prefer No icing. I like tasting the fruit, it has it's own sweetness. Why do some like to drench everything with sugar? It seems to be the American way, too, every single box food item is drowning in sugar and/or salt...& Lord knows what else. It's just yet another good reason to cook our own stuff!

Last edited:
I plan to clear my garden and prepare it for summer crops. also I plan to do some digging for planting the rest of my trees. why do I always buy more before finishing the previous :oops:
Ditto...like I bought another blueberry plant, when I haven't even moved the ones I have yet, just cuz it was on sale or it "beckoned to me" while at Tractor Supply 😆. I really need to finish planting what I've got 1st. Why did I do that? 😂

Look really delicious, but yeah I prefer No icing. I like tasting the fruit, it has it's own sweetness. Why do some like to drench everything with sugar? It seems to be the American way, too, every single box food item is drowning in sugar and/or salt...& Lord knows what else. It's just yet another good reason to cook our own stuff!
I prefer fresh fruit to any cake, cookie, or ice cream.

And oh so warm, soft & snuggly! They actually Love being hugged, they'll nestle against your neck, right under the chin. Then if you look & your eyes meet, they reach up & give ya a gentle pigeon kiss on your lips. That little sweet move naturally makes me smile, then baby pigeon sees my smiling mouth & tries to get fed! Nothing will make ya laugh quite like a baby pigeon trying to get it's beak into your mouth to be fed 🤣 it is just the most endearing & hilarious thing. DH laughed just seeing it happen. Baby pigeon trying to push your mouth open, you're laughing & trying to Not open your mouth...gotta love them!

Here's a pic of my special needs cross beak gal, she still gives me pigeon kisses, tries to preen eyelashes, even as an adult, always makes me laugh. (Sorry I may have posted pics of her b4, I don't have pics of a baby pigeon doing this.. yet anyway. It is not easy holding the phone for pics with baby pigeons doing this...they push much more which makes me laugh more, I'd surely drop the phone again.
View attachment 3807461View attachment 3807460View attachment 3807463View attachment 3807464View attachment 3807462
What sweet photos, thank you for sharing. :)

Back
Top Bottom