What did you do in the garden today?

This morning DH said the Freeze Dryer was a good idea. I asked him to check to see what kind of plug/outlet it needed. (The LARGER ones need a dedicated larger outlet and plug.) We checked all the plugs in the pantry and the one I wanted to use is the only one on that circuit and it's fine for use.
I asked if he wanted to go along and he said sure.
We go to next little town over, which has a TSC I prefer, as the customer service is better and it's less traffic and 15 minutes closer than the one on the edges of the big city, which has a high turnover employee and traffic thing going on.
We get to the town TSC and they have 4 in stock, but they look like they'd be tricky to get into the back of my SUV, which is large, but has this dumb lip at the top. So to get things that are a little taller into the truck you have to tilt them in a bit, slide them in and then stand them up. Make sense? The unit has a compressor in it that really shouldn't be laid down, or I'd take the darn thing in the truck no problem. The dryer itself weighs 115 pounds.
I told DH I have free same day delivery while the manager was standing there, and said why kill ourselves getting it home when Same Day was already paid for. The manager said the small town had the same day delivery but it might be today, tomorrow, or even Monday - which is really fine by me, but they don't schedule with you, they just show up and your either there, or they dump and run. I'm not sitting around for 3 days, and the manager said he wouldn't either.
So I asked if I could order what I wanted from the North City store from his computer, and have their Same Day guy run it to me, and he said SURE. So I did. I hit PLACE ORDER at 11am and we drove home.

So I'm working out in the workshop about 1pm and I hear a vehicle roll into the gravel driveway. I don't recognize it as a delivery guy, as the TSC delivery guy has always had one of those large, tall, white, windowless Euro style, stand up in the back type vans. He's brought me all kinds of HUGE things in it - to include a 5 foot high 12 foot long farm gate. What rolled into my driveway was a Mazda SUV ( I think it was a mazda- maybe Mitsubishi) ANYWAY MUCH MUCH smaller than my Giant SUV. I was confused. But who knows how the back opens.

Nope, this thing was a glorified hatchback, more like a mini-minivan thing.
There was my BRAND NEW dryer UNBOXED, and laying on its side, no padding, no nothing - ON IT"S SIDE.
It wasn't this guy's fault, he's just the driver. But what the holy heck. He was also wearing flip flops and could NOT unload it himself. Darn good thing I was home I can't even....How was he going to get it out without dragging it across the metal threshold of his car without scratching or dropping it, and move it to deliver in FLIP FLOPS?!?!?

I was very good and tempered my anger and annoyance. He said he even asked TSC why it was not in a box. The SECOND he left I called Harvest Right to see if the 30 minutes on its side was ok (they said it's not optimal, but should be ok.) Then I called TSC and very nicely unloaded. The manager knows me there and I told her I'm not mad at her but what the holy heck?!
1. I just paid FULL PRICE for the FLOOR MODEL, which she was shocked to learn - as they have some still in boxes.
I don't know how this one has been treated or abused by who and it sits 5 feet from their baby chicken bins. And I don't know how nicely it was loaded. And I said, what if it was a gift?! What if there was important paperwork and pieces in the box that I don't have?? It's different when you go in and all they have left is the floor model and you hem and haw, and the manager decides to discount it to get the floor model out of the way, but this was NOT that.

2.I paid for delivery so it WOULDN"T lay sideways, as recommended - they blew that. I would have happily waited for a tall truck - like normal - had they called and said there wasn't one available today.

She and HR said they would honor all warranty and such. She even offered to send a boxed one out today and replace the display one. But I said we had already wrangled it into the house and up on the table it goes on, and at 115 pounds, that ain't happenin' again today.

She said she was really sorry, with the underlying tone of 'she's going to kill her staff', and she wouldn't like it if she shelled out that kind of money and got a floor model without prior permission, and when I come in for feed next week she's going to give me back a chunk of change, but ARGH! She didn't sound happy about having to open another box to put OUT a floor model now either.

So like it's supposed to, Lilith is sitting upright letting fluids settle. I'll do a test run on Monday and then get up and running, but good glory.

Anyone sick of doing other people's jobs?!
It's unreal how clueless some people are.

My minor gripe of the day is waiting 25 minutes for Bo-berry biscuits without icing. After being parked for over 10 minutes and watching everyone else get their orders I went inside. I did get an apology, seems one of the employees didn't pay attention and drowned all the freshly baked biscuits in icing without putting mine aside. They had a second tray in the oven.

Stuff happens, I know, as I did 10 years with McDonald's, 3 as a manager, but it would have been better if they'd let me know about the delay instead of ignoring me.

There was my BRAND NEW dryer UNBOXED, and laying on its side, no padding, no nothing - ON IT"S SIDE.
It wasn't this guy's fault, he's just the driver. But what the holy heck. He was also wearing flip flops and could NOT unload it himself. Darn good thing I was home I can't even....How was he going to get it out without dragging it across the metal threshold of his car without scratching or dropping it, and move it to deliver in FLIP FLOPS?!?!?
If there is ANYTHING wrong with this item, I would demand it be exchanged for a NEW, in BOX, item.

There is NO EXCUSE for this. None!

I would get the "we'll honor the warranty" in writing from the manager.

It's unreal how clueless some people are.

My minor gripe of the day is waiting 25 minutes for Bo-berry biscuits without icing. After being parked for over 10 minutes and watching everyone else get their orders I went inside. I did get an apology, seems one of the employees didn't pay attention and drowned all the freshly baked biscuits in icing without putting mine aside. They had a second tray in the oven.

Stuff happens, I know, as I did 10 years with McDonald's, 3 as a manager, but it would have been better if they'd let me know about the delay instead of ignoring me.
Exactly!
(No idea what a Bo-berry biscuit is.....but insert anything else and the principle is the same.)

If there is ANYTHING wrong with this item, I would demand it be exchanged for a NEW, in BOX, item.

There is NO EXCUSE for this. None!

I would get the "we'll honor the warranty" in writing from the manager.
Yep, although I suspect she'll just go with HRight has one as well, and they'll cover it. But she'll be replacing it if it doesn't work when I turn it on on Monday/Tuesday.

It's like the CS with my new Ebike, which I LOVE BTW, but the CS are completely inept!

Exactly!
(No idea what a Bo-berry biscuit is.....but insert anything else and the principle is the same.)
th (1).jpeg

Bo Berry biscuits are blueberry biscuits, very tender and sweet enough without icing!

This morning DH said the Freeze Dryer was a good idea. I asked him to check to see what kind of plug/outlet it needed. (The LARGER ones need a dedicated larger outlet and plug.) We checked all the plugs in the pantry and the one I wanted to use is the only one on that circuit and it's fine for use.
I asked if he wanted to go along and he said sure.
We go to next little town over, which has a TSC I prefer, as the customer service is better and it's less traffic and 15 minutes closer than the one on the edges of the big city, which has a high turnover employee and traffic thing going on.
We get to the town TSC and they have 4 in stock, but they look like they'd be tricky to get into the back of my SUV, which is large, but has this dumb lip at the top. So to get things that are a little taller into the truck you have to tilt them in a bit, slide them in and then stand them up. Make sense? The unit has a compressor in it that really shouldn't be laid down, or I'd take the darn thing in the truck no problem. The dryer itself weighs 115 pounds.
I told DH I have free same day delivery while the manager was standing there, and said why kill ourselves getting it home when Same Day was already paid for. The manager said the small town had the same day delivery but it might be today, tomorrow, or even Monday - which is really fine by me, but they don't schedule with you, they just show up and your either there, or they dump and run. I'm not sitting around for 3 days, and the manager said he wouldn't either.
So I asked if I could order what I wanted from the North City store from his computer, and have their Same Day guy run it to me, and he said SURE. So I did. I hit PLACE ORDER at 11am and we drove home.

So I'm working out in the workshop about 1pm and I hear a vehicle roll into the gravel driveway. I don't recognize it as a delivery guy, as the TSC delivery guy has always had one of those large, tall, white, windowless Euro style, stand up in the back type vans. He's brought me all kinds of HUGE things in it - to include a 5 foot high 12 foot long farm gate. What rolled into my driveway was a Mazda SUV ( I think it was a mazda- maybe Mitsubishi) ANYWAY MUCH MUCH smaller than my Giant SUV. I was confused. But who knows how the back opens.

I was very good and tempered my anger and annoyance. He said he even asked TSC why it was not in a box. The SECOND he left I called Harvest Right to see if the 30 minutes on its side was ok (they said it's not optimal, but should be ok.) Then I called TSC and very nicely unloaded. The manager knows me there and I told her I'm not mad at her but what the holy heck?!
1. I just paid FULL PRICE for the FLOOR MODEL, which she was shocked to learn - as they have some still in boxes.
I don't know how this one has been treated or abused by who and it sits 5 feet from their baby chicken bins. And I don't know how nicely it was loaded. And I said, what if it was a gift?! What if there was important paperwork and pieces in the box that I don't have?? It's different when you go in and all they have left is the floor model and you hem and haw, and the manager decides to discount it to get the floor model out of the way, but this was NOT that.

2.I paid for delivery so it WOULDN"T lay sideways, as recommended - they blew that. I would have happily waited for a tall truck - like normal - had they called and said there wasn't one available today.

She and HR said they would honor all warranty and such. She even offered to send a boxed one out today and replace the display one. But I said we had already wrangled it into the house and up on the table it goes on, and at 115 pounds, that ain't happenin' again today.

She said she was really sorry, with the underlying tone of 'she's going to kill her staff', and she wouldn't like it if she shelled out that kind of money and got a floor model without prior permission, and when I come in for feed next week she's going to give me back a chunk of change, but ARGH! She didn't sound happy about having to open another box to put OUT a floor model now either.

So like it's supposed to, Lilith is sitting upright letting fluids settle. I'll do a test run on Monday and then get up and running, but good glory.

Anyone sick of doing other people's jobs?!
Wow. I don't think I'd accept a floor model. I mean she SAYS they will honor the warranty but what if she gets hit by a bus tomorrow? (Not wishing bad juju on her.... Just saying). I can understand you not wanting to mess with it anymore today, but personally I'd ask for an exchange, delivered per expectations of an unboxed unit.

Today, got a bug ridden holly tree cut & moved all of the limbs & trunk out of the way. It'll grow back. Got the grass cut. Finally got the wildflower garden seeds planted, watered, covered with straw. I brought the tomato seedlings outside, it got up to 60s & the sun finally came out. Looks like they grew some! 😃
20240419_121923.jpg
The wildflower areas, can't wait to see the blooms!
20240420_202113.jpg 20240420_202058.jpg 20240420_202042.jpg 20240420_202200.jpg 20240420_202134.jpg

Back
Top Bottom