What did you make from your garden today?

Pics
I threw 3 brad's Atomic Grape, 3 Sweet Heart Cherry, 3 Princess Yum Yum, 3 Black Cherry, 3 Black Triffle, 1 medium size Pink Tie Die and1/4 cup water into a blender, then brought this mix into a boil, strained the seed and skin and reduced the juice with garlic, onion, Italian seasoning, sugar and salt, into a smooth sauce that ended up on my mozzarella filled omelet.

I was thinking that was a lot of work for an omelet breakfast, so I decided to make a big batch of sauce, since I am at the point of having too much cherry tomatoes to eat before they turn over ripe; I think its a good option. My cherry tomato sauce kind of taste like a mild sweet and tart Italian ketchup.

Last edited:
A homegrown bouquet -
Freesia, Pansy, Chamomile, Iris, and Sicilian Honey Garlic

7681(1).jpg

Always love @Phaedra Geiermann bouquets! 😍

I got a hankering for some veggie chips this evening so I sliced up a fresh zucchini and yellow squash, sprinkled with pepper & garlic salt, topped with fresh parmesan, and baked/broiled to crispness. Haven't actually tried them yet but they smell good! 😂

Edited to add a picture. They are pretty good! A little salty. Need to use less garlic salt next time.
20230614_225303.jpg

Last edited:
I started cooking with a TBS of oyster suace, TBS shoyu, TBS Black bean paste, TBS sugar,TBS rice wine, 1 cup of chicken broth and thicken with rice flour. I notice that when I hand chop my pork into little peices it taste better than the already ground up pork. This suace can be mixed with asian thick noodles or fettuccine noodles and used for stir fry.

I decided to make homemade pizza today. I'm looking up a recipe now to make the dough. I roasted a chicken yesterday, spatchcock style, and have plenty left over.

Toppings will be chicken, fresh peas, onions and mozzarella cheese. I think I have a sweet pepper in the fridge too. In my homemade sauce I'm going to add some Habanero Tabasco sauce, which isn't very hot, but has great flavor. I think it will be an interesting pizza!

Just put it in the oven. The only thing from my garden was the peas. I used whole wheat flour to make the crust. Tomato paste, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and about a teaspoon of Tabasco Habanero made the sauce.

Decided to use both mozzarella and mild cheddar cheese on top, because you can't have too much cheese!

IMG_1885.JPG

Back
Top Bottom