What did you make from your garden today?

Pics
These were volunteers that were small and beginning to bolt, but still tender enough to eat. Hoping more volunteers come up next month, then they shouldn't bolt with the lessening daylight hours, maybe. Slugs love them. Flea beetles are not fun to battle. I have been using Dead Bug Brew for that, and on my potatoes, too. When the rain stops, I'll have to spray another round. Letting a few bok choy go to seed, since I am out. Good luck!
I think I’ll try some bok choy when my onions come out.

Thank you for your kind words, and cheer up, the summer and autumn are still waiting. Do you plant some Dahlia this year? From Last year, I decided to grow more perennials, and that saves me some effort from planting annual flowers. So this year, I planted even more perennials from the early spring.

Rose, Yarrow, Snapdragon, Foxglove, Delphinium, Salvia, Echinacea, and Sweet Pea
View attachment 3550481
Yes, I planted about a dozen Dahlia bulbs last month. They have started coming up but haven't flowered yet. I also bought some more dahlias, ranunculus, and freesia to put in a memorial garden for my mom (who recently passed away) but I haven't planted them yet.

What I've actually gotten to flower - roses (sparsely), flax, sesame, love in a mist, pink Poppies, bachelor buttons, a hibiscus, and a few cosmos.

Growing but still too young to flower - peony, dahlias, marshmallow, chamomile, Lavender (Starter plant), pineapple sage, clarkia

What never grew at all (from seed) - Echinecea, daisies, Salvia, cosmos, lavender, penstemon, stocks, violas

Thank you for your kind words, and cheer up, the summer and autumn are still waiting. Do you plant some Dahlia this year? From Last year, I decided to grow more perennials, and that saves me some effort from planting annual flowers. So this year, I planted even more perennials from the early spring.

Rose, Yarrow, Snapdragon, Foxglove, Delphinium, Salvia, Echinacea, and Sweet Pea
View attachment 3550481
I just love flowers from the garden. Such a cheery bouquet! You have a green thumb!

2 days ago we had bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches. Tomatoes are Black Krim from the garden.

Last evening we had chicken salad made with homemade pickles from last years garden. Hope to make more pickles this year because I only have a few jars left.

@Iluveggers Hope you get greenbeans soon! We just picked our first batch yesterday. :)

Roses, Calla Lilies, and Honeyworts
23-06-25-08-50-07-913_deco.jpg

Back
Top Bottom