What do goats eat?

Grass hay is plenty good for goats and a lot less expensive than alfalfa. Easier to find also. If you have a big enough paddock for them. They should be able fend for themselves for the most part during the spring and summer months. Even pygmy goats will clear the underbrush out of a woodlot. Keep good fences to keep them out of mischeif and they will provide hours of entertainment. In the early nineties we switched from a cattle operation to goats. We kept 250 does and ran over 700 when the kids hit the ground. Watching 500 plus goat kids running and jumping across a pasture was like watching a flock of birds flying a few inches off of the ground!

Holy COW. That's a LOT of goats.

Makes you wish they had easier vid recording like iphones back in the day, hahah.

The black one is 5 days, and the bigger one is 3 months. Baby goats are fun!

Aw, how precious. Baby goats are pretty much ALL fun and energy. I'm not sure where they get it, but I wish I had even an ounce of it lol.

I'm sure the breeder told you this, but three months is about the time you wean them, as long as you're getting them to eat "real food."

That black one's going to be completely spoiled, though. Bottle babies always are.

ya.gif
She's gonna be spoiled alright!

Back
Top Bottom