What do you do besides chicken rearing?

I was in the Army then went back to school to become a nurse. In high school I worked at a local high end clothing store (you know how teens are and their brand names)
big_smile.png

But the job I'm most proud of is the one where I just got all three on the bus for school. There is no other job in the world like it.

I'm a case manager for adults with developmental disabilities.
We are very proud of ourselves in Vermont in that we have eliminated our state institution and almost all citizens with a diagnosis of a developmental disability live with their own families, or in private homes.
yippiechickie.gif

Husband to 1
Father to 3(girls 6yr, 4 yr and 2.5 months)

Corporate Controller(accountant type) for Large privately owned Transportation Company(we have 1000 trucks on the road)

23 acres, bale hay for horse people
Will end up with 13 chickens(Have 14 meat birds and 17 others(4 roos will go, meat birds have from 2 - 4 weeks left)...

Last edited:
Last month I made 20 years at my job. I'm a postal clerk and have transfered 3 times. I was born and raised in New Jersey and worked in the Hackensack Distribution plant for some time. I longed for the country life since I was a little girl. When I married, my DH and I transfered to north central PA bought 13 acres and two horses. My dream came true. Once my son went to kindergarten I decided to transfer again to a very small office, part time, so I could spend more time with him. After three years part time I could no longer afford to keep my beloved horses. But my son comes first, you can't get these years back. Great thing is I still get to ride my one horse anytime I want and I don't have to feed him(gave him to a freind). I do miss having them here though. So now my obsession has turned to my birds. My beautiful horse barn is now a giant chicken coop.
Dee

I do tech support. PC repair, network support (hand holding) for staff and public users.
They break it, I fix it! Thankful that most breaks end up being ID 10 T errors, hehehe
user errors!

On another note: I spent 2 wks in Austrailia in Feb2000 and LOVED it-
Have wanted to move there ever since. Queensland was my favorite area. Port Douglas and Cairns were FABULOUS but the interior was very nice as well.
Maybe one day...

OH MY....what have I done.....hhhmmmm lets see.

I worked for my brother doing dispatch work for his trucking company, worked in an auto accessory manufacturing plant as an assembly lead, worked for a state park (which I loved...but ex DH (Not Dear) hated, worked as a bartender at night & for a farmer during the day, a roof truss manufacturer, a race horse trainer, an Arabian horse breeder, a sewing factory that I was the supervisor of the shipping dept for 14 years.

Then I found my DH (definitely DEAR), & he got me into chickens, rabbits...etc. We raise American Paint Horses, train some horses, work cattle, raise & sell rabbits, sell eggs, raise & sell chickens, raise & sell goats.
I only work at home now...and I work harder than I ever did at any "job" that I had.

Of course that is because DH doesn't do anything in small numbers. LOL!! Over 100 breeder rabbits (not counting babies), about 500 chickens and expanding!!!

We have downsized the horses...from 18 to 5! Wow, did that cut our feed bill!

I LOVE IT!!!!

Jean

I'm a xray tech hint the name lol. husband, father to 2 girls and one little cowboy. Have done a variety of things rode bulls in the PRCA for 3 years, cooked in a carfein high school, did electical work . During my spare time when not working i have a side job doing handy man work. Break horses every now and again but the body doesn't bounce like it use to so i don't do that very often anymore.

Back
Top Bottom