What do you have in your flock?

Pics
I started out with 8 chicks several years ago. Now I have way more than that.

I have
Hens: 1 Black Australorp, 2 White Rocks, 1 Barred Rock, 1 White Leghorn, 3 wild patterned EEs, , 1 Bantam Dark Brahma, 1 Bantam White Faced Black Spanish

Pullets: 1 White EE, 1 black orpington, 1 barred Cochin, 1 molted Houdan,1 silver Fayoumi, 1 golden Campine, 1 Buttercup, 2 Blue laced red Wyandottes, 1 Speckled Sussex, 1 Lakenvelder, 1 Bantam Silver Sebright, 2 Bantam White laced red Cornishes, 1 Bantam Black tailed white Japanese, 2 Bantam quail d'Anvers, 1 Black silkie, 1 blue silkie

Cocks: 1 Bantam White Faced Black Spanish

Cockerels: 1 Sumatra, 1 Phoenix, 1 Houdan, 2 Bantam White Faced Black Spanishes, 1 Bantam Silver Sebright, 1 Bantam Silver Duckwing OEG, 1 Bantam white laced red Cornish, 3 Birchen Spanish/Brahma Crosses, 1 Grey Japanese, 2 quail d'Anvers

Ducks:1 Cayuga drake, 1 khaki Campbell duck, 2 Magpie drakes

Guineas: 1 Pearl Guinea hen, 2 peal guinea cocks, 2 lavender guinea hens

I want to add just ONE to my flock..
Titan (our roo) has another home, leaving an opening for one more girl.
We want another Wyandotte, we have a GLW and I am able to get a Silver Laced Wyandotte today or should I wait till Spring and get a GLW??
Wyandotte is the only pullet that doesn't have one like her. I hate these decisions!! Anyone have their opinions? I asked my ohio board as well

Wyandottes come in so many beautiful colors! I currently have, silver laced, gold laced and blue red laced. I will be adding a couple more SL's and a few Columbians.

Wyandottes come in so many beautiful colors! I currently have, silver laced, gold laced and blue red laced. I will be adding a couple more SL's and a few Columbians.

Are your Wyandottes friendly? I got 5 Silver Lace, all seems aloof and skittish except one. My leghorns are much friendlier. I am thinking of adding Colombians this spring if they are easy and friendly.

Here's what I have collected in the last month, or so.
1f601.png

Rooster 1-Black Cochin/Jersey Giant?
Rooster 2-Barnevelder, Black Maran?
2 Barnvelders (Thelma & Louise)
Golden Sebright -Goldie
Silver Sebright-Sylvester
Black Sextlink
2 Buff Orpington (Millie & Nillie)
Game hen (Grey Top)
Plymouth Rock (Dot)
Rhode Island Red (Henrietta)
3 Ameracauna (Nosey Rosie and 2 unnamed)
Saggitas (production Red)
Wellsummer
2 Black Australorp
2 Black Copper Marans-Mary Ann, Ginger

awww thx! Hubby decided that I get 1 more Golden Laced Wyandotte and I get 2 Silver Laced Wyandotte:D
Will go to our poultry show this weekend to get them. I'm soooo excited.

We have a pair of Chinese White Geese.
4 Khaki Campbell ducks
2 Cayuga ducks
1 Cayuga drake
2 Guineas (Lavender and Coral Blue)
6 Easter Eggers pullets

New additions in the spring will be...

6 BC Marans pullets
6 Olive Eggers pullets
2 BC Marans Roos
1 Khaki Campbell Drake
50 Cornish Cross

I have 3 Wyandottes and they are not nearly as friendly as my California Whites or Australorp! Those gals are friendly! Would love to expand the flock with some other friendly breeds! Would love to hear what others have! :pop

I have 3 Wyandottes and they are not nearly as friendly as my California Whites or Australorp! Those gals are friendly! Would love to expand the flock with some other friendly breeds! Would love to hear what others have! :pop
I love my 6 Australorps!! Buff Orpington is a friendly, hearty breed as well.

I have:

White Bearded Silkies (lots!)
1 Black Austrolorp
1 Black Star
1 Blue Andalusian
1 Ameraucana
And three Blue Andalusian x Silkies

Hoping get some seramas sometime soon....

Are your Wyandottes friendly? I got 5 Silver Lace, all seems aloof and skittish except one. My leghorns are much friendlier. I am thinking of adding Colombians this spring if they are easy and friendly.

I have had complete opposite luck! I had leghorns previously and they were basket cases :) Beautiful but crazy. My Wyandottes, don't like to be picked up and held like my orpingtons or my speckled sussex (as long as the SS are not on a nest, then they are FEISTY), but they are always right near by. They make little noises and such but as soon as I am out and about they show up. They do get sneaky with hiding their nests though if I let them out to range before they have laid in the day. Which would be fine if they lay them in certain spots, but they always choose really good spots, then I can't find them before the predators do, and we have a lot of those! Every year I end up picking up a few more of the wyandottes. I just can't help it. :)

Back
Top Bottom