What do you love about chickens?

EVERYTHING! Literally everything lol my husband thinks I'm nuts but I'm pretty sure at this point there's more pictures on my phone of my chickens then my kids 🤣 eggs are a plus but I just absolutely love their little personalities 🥰
20230907_120631.jpg
20230906_180656.jpg

EVERYTHING! Literally everything lol my husband thinks I'm nuts but I'm pretty sure at this point there's more pictures on my phone of my chickens then my kids 🤣 eggs are a plus but I just absolutely love their little personalities 🥰View attachment 3630303View attachment 3630304
RebelFord, your husband and mine should compare notes...or maybe not, they could decide we ARE crazy when it comes to our chickens! 😉😄 He's been wonderful with all the chicken-related building projects, figuring out solar automatic coop doors, etc. but when telling his cousin about my chicken hobby/obsession, he said, "Frankly, I can't see the attraction." :confused: He does enjoy the fresh eggs, however, and the chicken-generated super quality garden compost! (I don't share his fascination with some of his hobbies, either, but they make him happy. After 40+ years, I think we've got this!)🥰

RebelFord, your husband and mine should compare notes...or maybe not, they could decide we ARE crazy when it comes to our chickens! 😉😄 He's been wonderful with all the chicken-related building projects, figuring out solar automatic coop doors, etc. but when telling his cousin about my chicken hobby/obsession, he said, "Frankly, I can't see the attraction." :confused: He does enjoy the fresh eggs, however, and the chicken-generated super quality garden compost! (I don't share his fascination with some of his hobbies, either, but they make him happy. After 40+ years, I think we've got this!)🥰
oh if our husbands got together we'd be in Trouble! We'd be off to the funny farm! With our hens! 🤣 we've been together 35 years and have had chickens for 3yrs this spring. He thinks I will lose interest some, maybe after some time passes, but so far, these hens have my heart! If he ever voices frustration, i remind him, those girls have been giving you breakfast every single morning since they could! You should be thanking them. All that beautiful nutrition from happy, healthy hens! Oh he changes his tune so fast the next thing that happens is him coming outside with a treat (which he ALWAYs checks with me first). Its cute, him holding some cantaloupe, 'can I give them this babe'? If I say yes, he'll stand there calling each one like he would a kitty or puppy. Sometimes they run up to him and they'll stare at him usually waiting for him to drop the darn treat so they can take it. I think he is still waiting for them to start purring, or rubbing up against him to show appreciation. The best is when i hold a hen and go up to him and say, pet her! Go ahead, dont be shy! He touches them the way he would touch a baby bird, 🤣 Its so funny to me, b/c I used to do the same until I learned how seriously tough hens are. Dig those fingers into those feathers babe, your not gonna hurt her, Trust me!! They seem all fragile, but we know better! These gals are SO strong. Their smacks have brought sense to me a couple times! Hubs does it all tho, built the coop, repairs, upgrades, cameras, another hen house, more fencing. He thinks if he keeps upgrading and protecting that I may not spend so much time with them. I may need to tell him the real reason I spend so much time with them is not in fact because they are unsafe.....instead, its because they are my best friends! But for now, I will let him believe that we do need to bird net the ENTIRE yard.......How many posts do we need babe??

Attachments

• IMG_5350.jpeg
    IMG_5350.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5348.jpeg
    IMG_5348.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5349.jpeg
    IMG_5349.jpeg
  • IMG_5235.jpeg
    IMG_5235.jpeg
I should specify I have had chickens pretty much all my life my dh and I have only been together 4 years, he has never had chickens before and I threw him head first into this 🤣 he never stood a chance. But then again I'm also a horse girl so the gods know we're all crazy too 🤪 but he took my coop from this to this so I love him! 🥰 plus additional ventilation ect I made him pimp my coop 🤣🤣 thats not a finished picture so no one panic! I however don't share his obsession with fishing so I figure we're even? Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20230705_130350.jpg
    IMG_20230705_130350.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230718_185426.jpg
    20230718_185426.jpg
    654 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230805_201148.jpg
    20230805_201148.jpg
    537.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230723_173700.jpg
    20230723_173700.jpg
    752 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20230615_101558.jpg
    IMG_20230615_101558.jpg
    804.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230806_164412.jpg
    IMG_20230806_164412.jpg
    617.2 KB · Views: 12
I should specify I have had chickens pretty much all my life my dh and I have only been together 4 years, he has never had chickens before and I threw him head first into this 🤣 he never stood a chance. But then again I'm also a horse girl so the gods know we're all crazy too 🤪 but he took my coop from this to this so I love him! 🥰 plus additional ventilation ect I made him pimp my coop 🤣🤣 thats not a finished picture so no one panic! I however don't share his obsession with fishing so I figure we're even? Lol
Your ramp and stairs are SO neat! Love the pics 🐓❤️

Back
Top Bottom