What do you think of your coop years later?

Pics
How do you manage the eggs in this management style? Do you use roll-away nests?

Between my hot climate and my broody-prone flock I'd have a mess doing this. :D
don’t get me wrong, we try to get out there every day to collect eggs and let them out into the yard, but with a toddler, infant, and two full time jobs, some days it doesn’t happen.

i don’t take any special measures for our eggs. we’ve had a few eggs pecked in the nest boxes, but i can’t say we’ve really had any issues.

don’t get me wrong, we try to get out there every day to collect eggs and let them out into the yard, but with a toddler, infant, and two full time jobs, some days it doesn’t happen.

i don’t take any special measures for our eggs. we’ve had a few eggs pecked in the nest boxes, but i can’t say we’ve really had any issues.

Yeah, life can be like that when you've got work and family to deal with. :D

I was curious because between my broodies and my climate I *occasionally* get some development if I miss a day or two.

Would love to hear from JT as to whether there is a Coop Tres and Cuatro yet ??:lol:
No, I'm done building coops, I just keep improving them where I can.

I did finally get the 3 Cinnamon Queens to be friends more or less with the 3 Rhode Island Reds and now have 6 hens in each coop. It's quite a story about Pee Wee, Lucy and Betty Boop.

JT

No, I'm done building coops, I just keep improving them where I can.

I did finally get the 3 Cinnamon Queens to be friends more or less with the 3 Rhode Island Reds and now have 6 hens in each coop. It's quite a story about Pee Wee, Lucy and Betty Boop.

JT
Well your coops are lovely and they're lucky chickens :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom