What do you think?!

BastyPutt

Yes, your Polish is a cockerel...
May 9, 2020
Central Oregon
Edit: I am not really interested in her breed. We stopped caring about breeds a long time ago. We just thought she was an interesting, unconventional mix and were curious as to what my friends here thought.

Alright my BYC identifier friends.....

We have been hatching our own chicks or allowing broody mamas to hatch for quite awhile now. Nearly all of our laying stock are mutts. Watching them mature is the best part because we generally have an ode who the egg came from and who the papa is. However, we have a mystery and today found her laying an olive green egg.

Take a stab at the mix on this one. There is no chance she comes from anything identifiable, so in other words, she is a mutt of a mutt of a mutt.

Last edited:
Here she is...

Looks like a sapphire, with a pea comb and black legs

Attachments

• B855F679-0284-42E1-A025-7ACBD2B9B2D3.jpeg
    B855F679-0284-42E1-A025-7ACBD2B9B2D3.jpeg
    898.7 KB · Views: 20
Huh? What, now?
You have a bird that comes from nothing identifiable. A mutt of a mutt of a mutt.
But you want us to guess what breeds she's a mix of?
:lau :lau :lau :lau :lau :lau
7lwqs8.gif

Huh? What, now?
You have a bird that comes from nothing identifiable. A mutt of a mutt of a mutt.
But you want us to guess what breeds she's a mix of?
:lau :lau :lau :lau :lau
Hilarious

It is fun for us, at least, to try and identify different characteristics of different breeds. The plumage on this one, along with the egg color and comb, I found to be interesting and thought it would incite some neat comments.

All I know is what I can find online, but there is conflicting information. Hoover's is the one who TMed the name, but other photos online look different than the ones on Hoovers website.

Back
Top Bottom