What do your buildings have for flooring?

Quote:
This is what we chose to do as well.. I had left over linoleum from a former project..

Same here!

I've got a raised floor with ply wood... going to try the pond liner idea to cover the floor next time I clean it. Currently have 4 inches of bedding over the plywood.

Quote:
Hi BankerJohn,

I saw this pick on another thread where you mentioned that the pic is "before the landscape cloth and sand". It looks fantastic to me already! Do you have any pictures AFTER the cloth and sand were laid?

Thanks, Malcolm

Quote:
My hubby and I were just talking about that exact same thing last night, didn't see why it wouldn't work just as well. Will have to check out how expensive that would be on a building that size
big_smile.png

We got our linoleum as a remnant and paid 50% the normal price. Look for bargains - the chickens don't care if it matches.
wink.png
Also, you don't necessarily have to glue it down, so you can skip on the cost of adhesive and use boards etc., around the edge to nail it in place.

We had leftover bricks from building our home. I used those but we also have about 6-8inches of pine shavings on top of the bricks....

Quote:
My hubby and I were just talking about that exact same thing last night, didn't see why it wouldn't work just as well. Will have to check out how expensive that would be on a building that size
big_smile.png

We got our linoleum as a remnant and paid 50% the normal price. Look for bargains - the chickens don't care if it matches.
wink.png
Also, you don't necessarily have to glue it down, so you can skip on the cost of adhesive and use boards etc., around the edge to nail it in place.

Us too. Home Depot has rolls of extra linoleum. Some are really large, and it's pretty cheap. When you don't care about the pattern, anything will do.
wink.png

Mine's a small elevated coop 4'x5'. I picked up some ceramic tiles at the building materials recycler for $9.00 (for 20 sq. ft.). I had thinset and grout left over from a bath remodel, $0 there. I'm using wood shavings (with DE of course) for litter right now, but may switch to sand. Jury is still out on that. The tiles clean up great and and I like the idea that it's an impermeable surface that won't absorb moisture or odors. The girls really seem to enjoy scratching down to the tile looking for odd bits of food and treats, too.

Last edited:
Plywood with a thick coat of white oil-based enamel. Cheap, durable, and easy to touch up if I doink the paint with a rake or hoe when cleaning.

Covered with about 6" of wood shavings from the feed store, about 1 whole bale. No DE, as I can not get it here.

Last edited:
I have a cement floor too, covered with shavings... I'm using DLM. We didn't really have a choice as far as flooring because we're using a structure that was already built as an attachment to our garage. So far I haven't encountered any problems with it.

Back
Top Bottom