What does your duck house look like?

I love yours you did an awesome job.

You could always build your own run probably cost less than buying a ready made one.

Maybe someone can help you.

Thank you so much, it means a lot. I’ve found a ‘dog pen’ on amazon that consists of 8 panels that can be rearranged so I was thinking of buying that and then adding chicken wire/mesh to the top and outside so nothing can get in (or out) and then maybe some tarpin for cover on one end. Never would have had such ideas if it wasn’t for you and everyone on this website who’ve been so helpful!

This is my night club/pen to keep the babies safe at night. It is attached to a metal shed that is filled with bedding which so far they only use to lay eggs. I added remote controlled rope lights to do spot checks if I hear something at night. I need to get some pics of it during daylight lol......

92444_img_0871.jpg
Do you have any tips on how to build this? Love it!

My hubby built this for me as a Christmas present. Lots of room and lots of predator protection. It’s a 20’x20’ pen, which is covered from top to bottom in 1/4 inch hardware mesh. I also dug down 2 feet deep and 1 foot out and attached the hardware mesh to the perimeter of the pen and then back filled it to protect from digging predators. He also built the duck house and added another area behind it, in case it’s too hot to sleep inside the duck house or if one of the duckies just wants some privacy. It’s been “duck approved” by the flock and receives two thumbs up (if ducks had thumbs, that is...).;)
FCADA0FA-2765-4607-A48C-D28D3E9D963D.jpeg
7E3A6AB3-7057-499B-889C-A88AC494F70C.jpeg
E71F7876-EBAB-4273-8523-0156FE0AD0DC.jpeg

My hubby built this for me as a Christmas present. Lots of room and lots of predator protection. It’s a 20’x20’ pen, which is covered from top to bottom in 1/4 inch hardware mesh. I also dug down 2 feet deep and 1 foot out and attached the hardware mesh to the perimeter of the pen and then back filled it to protect from digging predators. He also built the duck house and added another area behind it, in case it’s too hot to sleep inside the duck house or if one of the duckies just wants some privacy. It’s been “duck approved” by the flock and receives two thumbs up (if ducks had thumbs, that is...).;)View attachment 1344394View attachment 1344393 View attachment 1344392
Wow!!! Awesome!!

My hubby built this for me as a Christmas present. Lots of room and lots of predator protection. It’s a 20’x20’ pen, which is covered from top to bottom in 1/4 inch hardware mesh. I also dug down 2 feet deep and 1 foot out and attached the hardware mesh to the perimeter of the pen and then back filled it to protect from digging predators. He also built the duck house and added another area behind it, in case it’s too hot to sleep inside the duck house or if one of the duckies just wants some privacy. It’s been “duck approved” by the flock and receives two thumbs up (if ducks had thumbs, that is...).;)View attachment 1344394View attachment 1344393 View attachment 1344392
Wow! I am jealous!

Can you tell me how tall you made it? Its exactly what Im looking to have made!!!

Back
Top Bottom