What else can you feed your laying hens

I dont think they are that old when I got them from the feed store they said they were just starting to lay. I checked did not see and lice or mites last night when I left them out to "free range" I am guessing heat can you put a fan in their coop or is that not I good ideal......................

No hidden nest we could find in their pen or in the yard going to look in to fans I think maybe the heat or the food is not of high quality

What is the protein amount of the feed, how much feed are you feeding, how much treats are you feeding (including scratch/corn etc.)?

Chris

I keep their food container full it is M&G does not say how much protein. oystershells in bowl make sure that stays full. Scratch Grain I toss in pen and then was giving them some in the evenings out of my hand ( 2 red solo cup full) it has corn and other grain in it.

I keep their food container full it is M&G does not say how much protein. oystershells in bowl make sure that stays full. Scratch Grain I toss in pen and then was giving them some in the evenings out of my hand ( 2 red solo cup full) it has corn and other grain in it.
It should have a tag or should be printed on the bag.
The feed Mfg. has to provide information about the feed.

I would cut out all treat including scratch.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom