What food to swap to

Skipper7410

Songster
Jun 21, 2019
Provo, Utah
Hey guys, ive seen mixed opinions but was curious to see what you guys recommend for feed. I have 7 RP turkeys (some will stay as breeders, rest are food) and am currently finishing the big bag of turkey starter that my wife picked up (28% protein i think). I gotta imagine with the oldest being 3 to 4 months and the 6 others being at close to 2 months that i dont need to feed them the starter anymore. What is the best to feed them considering the fact i will be keeping some breeders and eating the rest? They get to free range a little bit, but not too much (1/4 acre lot in residential area) so occasionally they get out a bit...the oldest gets out quite often due to my wife making it basically a house pet lol. Also they do get fed dried meal worms fairly often as treats. My oldest goes crazy over them. Thanks!

Hey guys, I've seen mixed opinions but was curious to see what you guys recommend for feed. I have 7 RP turkeys (some will stay as breeders, rest are food) and am currently finishing the big bag of turkey starter that my wife picked up (28% protein i think). I gotta imagine with the oldest being 3 to 4 months and the 6 others being at close to 2 months that i don't need to feed them the starter anymore. What is the best to feed them considering the fact i will be keeping some breeders and eating the rest? They get to free range a little bit, but not too much (1/4 acre lot in residential area) so occasionally they get out a bit...the oldest gets out quite often due to my wife making it basically a house pet lol. Also they do get fed dried meal worms fairly often as treats. My oldest goes crazy over them. Thanks!
The recommended feed regimen is turkey or gamebird starter from hatch through 6 to 8 weeks. Turkey or gamebird grower (usually 24% protein) for the next 6 weeks. After that a good 20% all flock (aka flock grower) with free choice oyster shell is appropriate.

If desired for processing purposes the final month to 6 weeks can be a turkey finisher and/or supplemental corn.

Limit treats to no more than 10% of the total diet. More poultry are harmed by excessive treats than by any other reason. Too many mealworms can cause kidney problems.

The recommended feed regimen is turkey or gamebird starter from hatch through 6 to 8 weeks. Turkey or gamebird grower (usually 24% protein) for the next 6 weeks. After that a good 20% all flock (aka flock grower) with free choice oyster shell is appropriate.

If desired for processing purposes the final month to 6 weeks can be a turkey finisher and/or supplemental corn.

Limit treats to no more than 10% of the total diet. More poultry are harmed by excessive treats than by any other reason. Too many mealworms can cause kidney problems.

I will make sure we cut back on the meal worms then. As far as their ages now would i pretty much just go to the 20% all flock? Or should i still do some grower? Thank you

Back
Top Bottom