What is a "Tetra Brown?"

Yes Lady Victorian, I believe you are right I looked up what ISA Browns were and my girls look just like that instead of Amberlinks

Here are my 2 Tetra Brown ladies purchased at TSC in the first week of March.
I guess uploading isn't working right now. Maybe later

This is my first time keeping chickens and my first post on BYC!

Last edited:

I'll try to post a photo tomorrow. To me, the chicks look a lot like red sex link pullets, which I have had before. I assume by black eggs, he meant very dark brown, but since it is so hard to find anything I'm thinking he really didn't know about them at all . . .
Thanks for your help!
I got 3 tetra, 3 asia blacks (had never heard of them) out of curiousty, 3 black sex links on the 7thof March. I am 71 and have fiddled with breeds all my life. these tetras has amazed me ONE started laying the 15th of June and as of today the 1st July 2017, has produced 13 very dark brown eggs. I have never in my life had pullets lay this young. Since they reached 6 wks of age they have been on the ground and on grass and never without feed and water.

We have two of those from two different places. It is some kind of red sexlink, however, they both lay very different kinds of eggs. One is a dark brown with speckles and the other is almost a pink colored egg.

Attachments

• IMG_6530.JPG
    IMG_6530.JPG
    432.3 KB · Views: 14
I just purchased some chickens last week from my Tractor Supply in Coeur d'alene, Idaho. They had both the Tetra Browns and the Isa Browns, and they supplier is Hoover Hatchery. Lots of info about them on their website.

I also bought Tetra Browns from TSC and was told they are all females. I hope this is true since I do not want any roosters.

Back
Top Bottom