What is going on with this girl? Successfully treated slip tendon! But she stll hasn't eaten, 48 hours old and TINY

Things
i bought the poly vi sol that another poster suggested. Sorry to keep asking, but do you think i should go get the rooster booster poultry cell instead of the poly vi
Sol?
I spent $50 on this little girl. Im not cut out for this hatching thing. I cant let this go … i figure if she is trying, ill keep trying.

Look how small she is compared to the other runt of the flock.

Update: Listen Linda never learned to eat. After her slipped tendon was resolved, she was too anxious to learn to peck and eat. She would just stand, cry, or snuggle down on my chest and enjoy the warmth of momma. She was starving. My two ml feedings every 2 hours was bot enough to sustain her. More than 2 mls and she would be overfull.

THINGS I WOULD DO DIFFERENT and things we did right.
1. Grippy liner in incubator was good. Moving wild chicks to brooder so she could try to walk was good. Id just leave one to teach her to peck.
2. I should not have fixed her legs until she showed me she could eat. Fixing her legs with casts, taping her feet, using a chair all worked. But it was stressful on her. So stressful that being under the heat plate or under me was the only way she didnt panic. She couldnt learn when in panic. I should have used my finger to tap the food bowl she she knew how to eat, first.
3. Putting food and water into the incubator with her was good. Leaving a kind sibling was good but I should have done it at all times. This would ensure she imprinted on them to learn to eat.

Overall, the tendon had successfully healed. Her bones strengthened with supplements discussed below. She could walk.

Sadly, she never learned to eat and was euthanized humanely. Im grateful For the argon gas that let her peacefully fall asleep warm and wrapped in her blanky. Im a terrible farmer. I loved this little girl so much and fought for her life. Im grateful for all she taught us. Im a better chickyMother for it. I can treat splay leg, I can treat slip tendon, I can super charge sick chicks with the best vitamins. I can cuddle and be the best momma hen ever. All my chicks are happy, sweet, and healthy. They were all so kind to little
Linda.

Back
Top Bottom