WHAT IS GOOD SIZE FOR DUCK HOUSE FOR SEVEN DUCKS????? PLEASE?

Hunter0704

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 8, 2011
Wentzville, MO
I have three WH ducks and am getting four more ducklings in early March. My ducks do not free range.

When the new ducklings get large enough to introduce to the current ducks, I know I will need more sleeping space and yard space for a total of seven ducks. So, am adding another 10x40 ft enclosure in early spring just for the ducks. My current ducks are locked up each night under a raised coop with three sides covered, so they are used to being protected from the weather and have lots of straw for bedding.

Am planning on building them a new house in the new enclosure. Am thinking of a wood house, a slanted roof I can raise to clean out the house and gather eggs, with a locking door on each side of the front of the house for them to access. Would 7ft long x 2 1/2 ft deep be large enough????? I just want to make sure all seven ducks have plenty of room to manuver a space to sleep in.

I would really, really apreciate any thoughts or suggestions!!!!!!! Thanks in advance.

thats about 14 sq ft. just for sleeping? no food or water? Probably ok but a little bigger would be better. say 7x3.5 or4?

I have 7 ducks in a 6x4 house at night. Seems to work fine and I'm sure I could squeeze in another couple
smile.png

Thank you so much for replying!!! Yes, the food and water would be outside in the enclosure. The duck house is just for sleeping.

I wasn't sure about the depth...but now you have given me the dimensions that should work just fine. Thanks so much!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom