What is Sweet PDZ

I don’t have a poop box under my roost. Is it possible to spread this over the entire coop floor (~4’x4’) and use this in place of pine shaving? I’ve only had chickens in my coop for 2 weeks and the smell is already not great
I did that in my smaller coop, which is 4 X 4.5. It will really take care of the smell. Just scoop the poop out each day with a cat litter scoop.

Last edited:
I don’t have a poop box under my roost. Is it possible to spread this over the entire coop floor (~4’x4’) and use this in place of pine shaving? I’ve only had chickens in my coop for 2 weeks and the smell is already not great
This is exactly what I do. It works great for me. Daily (or near to it) scooping into a lidded bucket. As it gets full I take it to the compost pile.

What do you do with poop after you sift it? I've been tossing mine, but I was wondering if I could add it to my compost pile. I'm not sure if the PDZ would be good for the compost I want to use in my garden though.
Yep, it can be composted.
PDZ is also a garden supplement(not sure for what) and is OMRI approved.

What do you do with poop after you sift it? I've been tossing mine, but I was wondering if I could add it to my compost pile. I'm not sure if the PDZ would be good for the compost I want to use in my garden though.
I’ve been adding my PDZ covered poop to the compost tumbler for a couple years now…

Back
Top Bottom