What is the best "egg basket"?

Ah good point! 

Thanks! Glad at least someone thinks so :D

it probably wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to go far or anything but I'm just picturing our dog, who's huge and kinda rowdy, running up and surprising us or trying to play then there go the eggs xD

Thanks! Glad at least someone thinks so
big_smile.png

it probably wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to go far or anything but I'm just picturing our dog, who's huge and kinda rowdy, running up and surprising us or trying to play then there go the eggs xD

Well I am pretty clumsy so I can definitely see myself walking into the coop door on my way out or leaning too far and dropping them.
hmm.png

Well I am pretty clumsy so I can definitely see myself walking into the coop door on my way out or leaning too far and dropping them. :/

I hadn't even thought of that but I probably would too cause I'm also clumsy haha especially since I'm putting it on top of a hill. I'd probably trip coming down lol

I started out going with "cutsie"....a red wire egg basket I spotted at Tractor Supply.  Gosh, the multi-colored eggs looked so farm-y in that thing!  Adorable. One day I went out to the coop and realized I'd forgotten the basket. So I carefully made a giant pocket from the front hem of my T-shirt and put the eggs in there.  It worked.  Okay.  A few days of remembering the basket interspersed with more days of forgetting the basket.  Before you know it I was grabbing anything out there to put eggs in.  

So just about anything will work...some looking cuter than others in the process.  I finally got smart and put a hook out in the coop.  Now I go out there and the basket's waiting.  I don't gather eggs until later in the evening so I fill the basket, bring it in, put the eggs in cartons, then take the basket back out when I shut up the coop for the night and leave it on the hook. I'm so proud of me!  Oh, wait.  Winter's coming and I'm going to have to start collecting several times a day.  Maybe I ain't so smart after all.  Bet my last nickle that within a week of snow and wind I'll be back to grabbing whatever's handy again.

Silly idea, two baskets, take one out, bring one in.

Of course I fill my pockets, shirt, cut up jugs, feed bucket, tin can... But the basket looks nice.......

Wherever it is! I have one somewhere! :)

If you have a dollar tree, they have all sorts of things that could be used. Cheap, buy several, you might remember one!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom