What is the best "egg basket"?

Silly idea, two baskets, take one out, bring one in.

Of course I fill my pockets, shirt, cut up jugs, feed bucket, tin can... But the basket looks nice.......

Wherever it is! I have one somewhere!
smile.png

If you have a dollar tree, they have all sorts of things that could be used. Cheap, buy several, you might remember one!
gig.gif

I use one of those red baskets from TSC mentioned by Blooie, but place a kitchen towel in the bottom to make sure the eggs don't break, when not in use it is indoor wall art :)

But have you seen the egg collecting aprons? Google image searches shows several.

If anyone sews, here's a tutorial video on making one:

Thanks all, I finally found a basket. I visited my parents in the Ozark Mountains and went to one of my favorite gift shops; Triple Oak Gift shop where the guy weaves oak baskets. http://ozarkmountaincrafts.com/ I bought a small plain one for my eggs! Not sure why I didn't think of this place before, I own several of their baskets. They are pretty cute and very solid. I just stuffed some brown paper in it to cushion my eggs and it works well, I haven't dropped any eggs since I've used it!

Not a pocket, that's for sure
wink.png

Whatever I have on hand. The bowl I used to carry scraps to them, a spare egg carton, a cute basket that caught my eye and didn't get destroyed by the dog yet, my T-shirt, whatever.

But definitely not a pocket.
Ditto. It's not fun to get a pocket scramble.

I have kids, so I have a billion Easter Baskets. So that is what I use.

My mom got me a collapsable basket she found shopping one day. I have a nail that i hang it on by my back door so i grab it on my way out to the coop and hang it back up after i put the eggs up. So far i havent forgotten it.

Blooie s updating her earlier response this question after a minor miracle (um, is there such a thing?) happened at our house a little over a week ago. Our 4 year old granddaughter, Kendra, was born with Spina Biifida and usually visits the chickens in her wheelchair. When we got eggs, we'd put them on the red wire basket, put it on her lap, then push her to the house carrying the eggs. But this day was different - she got to see the chickens while standing in her braces, with the help of her physical therapist Cindi, who held on to the braces' waist belt. Then our little Kendra walked back to the house, the whole way, carrying 3 eggs! But the basket is too long for her to manage well, so we bought her her very own - the same as mine but shorter to make it easier for her. Can't wait until she gets to get eggs with her very own!!

Blooie s updating her earlier response this question after a minor miracle (um, is there such a thing?) happened at our house a little over a week ago. Our 4 year old granddaughter, Kendra, was born with Spina Biifida and usually visits the chickens in her wheelchair. When we got eggs, we'd put them on the red wire basket, put it on her lap, then push her to the house carrying the eggs. But this day was different - she got to see the chickens while standing in her braces, with the help of her physical therapist Cindi, who held on to the braces' waist belt. Then our little Kendra walked back to the house, the whole way, carrying 3 eggs! But the basket is too long for her to manage well, so we bought her her very own - the same as mine but shorter to make it easier for her. Can't wait until she gets to get eggs with her very own!!

I lurk more than I post, but I have to say - the pictures are precious, and she must be so proud of herself! As I'm sure you are of her. Congratulations - she's a cutie.

Back
Top Bottom