What is the ideal humidity for hatching in an incubator?

I think the reason we get so many different answers is because everyone's situations are different.  I think we have to take into consideration our climate, temp., outside and inside humidity, type of incubator and whether or not they are still air or not.    I don't know that all these things are actually factors, but I'm learning and believe that what works for me, may NOT work for you. 

According to the "how to" pages, "You want 50% humidity for day 1-18, then 70-80% for the last few days".   I had read elsewhere that the humidity during hatching should be between 60-65%.  This is NOT working for me and I'm having too many chicks struggling or dying trying to hatch with dry membranes.  I have chicks due to hatch in 4 days.  My humidity will be between 70-80% this time.  /img/smilies/wink.png

Hope this helps!

Did 70-80 work for you better than 65

I am using a new incubator and my manual suggests that the humidity be at 55% for first 18 days as long as it stays within 5 -10 degrees ok at 18 - 21 day 60% How do I lower from 62% to 55% or bother?

You said stay within 5-10 degrees----you probably meant 5-10 percent. I never tried to incubate eggs that high for the first 18 days, I rather be 30's to 40's, then step it up to 70%+/- for the hatch.
How do you lower from 62% to 55%?? Have you added any water in the incubator----if so remove it or some of the surface area to lower it.

I live near the beach and the lowest humidity point is 75%. Is there a way to low humidity from incubator? I already set it three days ago and temp goes from 101.3 to 99.8.

I live near the beach and the lowest humidity point is 75%. Is there a way to low humidity from incubator? I already set it three days ago and temp goes from 101.3 to 99.8.

I am going to ask being you did not give any info-----Do you put any water in the incubator or it stays dry?

I am going to ask being you did not give any info-----Do you put any water in the incubator or it stays dry? 
when I set the system at the beginning, it was with water; humidity went up to 85%. The current humidity reading is without water, dry, in a room where hens usually hatch their chicken. I presumed that place should be OK because hens already hatch there.
1f60f.png

Back
Top Bottom