What is the name of your farm/ranch?

The Chicken Lady

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Apr 21, 2008
West Michigan
I love farm names. They're so creative. I thought names of farms and ranches would be a neat topic to discuss.

For those of you who have them...

What is the name of your farm or ranch? What is the story behind the name?

Do you have a cool sign by the entrance to share your farm's name with everyone who goes by? Post a pic (if you can)!

Thanks in advance for sharing. (I'd share a story, but I don't have my own little place in the country...yet
wink.png
).

Apple Blossom Farm....we have an apple orchard that is simply lovely in the spring and is very visible to passersby. Youngest son suggested the name and we are currently making the sign. Will post a pic if we ever get it done!

If It Flies Farm started with wild birds, then hummers, chickens and bees. Plus the other way of reading it...... if it flies, we can......

Last edited:
Barred Feather Farm. It goes back to my grandparents chickens, they always had barred rocks so that is what I got in "honor" of them, if that makes sense. Had been racking my brain for years what to name our place and then it struck me when I was picking up feathers that the chickens had dropped.

Sterling Meadows Hatchery... we live in Sterling, there is a meadow (aka hayfield) nearby, and we hatch lots and lots of birds!
tongue.png

Our neighbors sell Creative Moments scrapbooking stuff and bought a road sign that says "Memory Lane". Thats how I got the idea to call our farm "Poultry Lane Farm." Two days ago my brother bought me our farm sign while he was in Tennesee. I will post pics as soon as possible!

I'm not on a farm, I'm not on a ranch, and I hardly even have a back yard but I have named my nano place "The Wide Spread Litter Box".....and I got a sign to prove it
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom