What is the term for this comb trait, and how does it happen?

I wish that I could find a site with a lot of research papers on poultry for things like this. Some of the best info on traits that I have found are japanese or translated from japanese. Its seems like the focus on phenotypic traits is much stronger there.
Yeah.

When you introduced the cushion comb gene into the combination all bets are off on what combs will be produced.
Rose and pea comb also bounced all over on types of combs on F1 offspring

It's a bumpy shield comb. Here's one that's completely pointless.
View attachment 2422078View attachment 2422079Technically it's a single comb with out the blade/points on it.
Not yet. I might try next year.
I can't find pictures of them anymore, & that's the term I saw being used for the comb type. It was a year ago when I was researching comb genetics.
Imperfect pea combs are called shield combs? Can you explain further? I haven’t heard of this comb type before.

Imperfect pea combs are called shield combs? Can you explain further? I haven’t heard of this comb type before.
Not imperfect pea comb, it's a single comb that's lacking the points. That's the best I can explain it, since there's not a whole lot of information on this comb type.

Imperfect pea/modified pea
20200822_152928.jpg
20201202_143049.jpg
Single comb
1115191538.jpg
Shield Comb
0114201228.jpg

Not imperfect pea comb, it's a single comb that's lacking the points. That's the best I can explain it, since there's not a whole lot of information on this comb type.

Imperfect pea/modified pea
View attachment 2455636View attachment 2455638Single combView attachment 2455643Shield CombView attachment 2455645
Huh, interesting. The comb looks round in the picture but I think I know what you mean. There’s a similar looking comb on the orloff cross rooster in this link: https://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/ChickMixG/BRKMixed2.html.

Back
Top Bottom