What is this predator? **** Coop Cam photo****

I'm sorry I sometimes forget common sense still exists among the common folk. Being this close to Atlanta it to easy to believe modern man has evolved to appalling levels of ignorance. Especially when I deal with it on a daily basis. "When do squirrels lay their eggs" "I put my dog in my attic to scare it off" "I heard talk radio will scare anything off"
Again I apologize if I offend. Sometimes I think I need to just pack it in and move back to my alabama briar patch.

Good info! I would NEVER take it upon myself to use anything other than a live trap, personally......but I have heard and seen some crazy stuff down here in BFE, GA. Do agree that the amount of gunfire that goes off doesn't raise any alarms, however. We don't even notice it. LOL!

I saw on FB where someone was trying to trap and sell raccoons. *coughcoughlaurenscountycough* A lady was all excited, wanted one for a "pet." Yikes. I'm sure DNR is quite busy this time of year, but the blatent disregard of something that SURELY is illegal was something even this uneducated, backwoods (also originally from AL, reloacted to GA) could see! I was beyond shocked that this person was posting that in a very public forum. (Similar to craigslist.)

@Speckledhen, stump break isn't the politest of terms for what lonely goatherds do. It involves training the nanny to back up to a stump..............

Sorry, an old backwoods crudity.

Good info! I would NEVER take it upon myself to use anything other than a live trap, personally......but I have heard and seen some crazy stuff down here in BFE, GA. Do agree that the amount of gunfire that goes off doesn't raise any alarms, however. We don't even notice it. LOL!

I saw on FB where someone was trying to trap and sell raccoons. *coughcoughlaurenscountycough* A lady was all excited, wanted one for a "pet." Yikes. I'm sure DNR is quite busy this time of year, but the blatent disregard of something that SURELY is illegal was something even this uneducated, backwoods (also originally from AL, reloacted to GA) could see! I was beyond shocked that this person was posting that in a very public forum. (Similar to craigslist.)
If you were referring to Laurens County SC......... I can believe it. (nuff said)

The Mid-Atlantic Rabies Outbreak that began in the eighties and is still the source of rabies in the area today was caused by rural folk, namely coon hunters trapping and relocating raccoons to restock hunting areas. And I say this with some guilt as a coon hunter myself who's relocated many a coon, though not in those areas.

Many feed and hardware stores have been selling traps long before people forgot how to use them. No need to post regulations and instructions. The first time some clown catches both his hands in a 330 he will remember what not to do.
By the way all is not lost in NJ. A snare will out catch a foothold, cage trap etc.. Any day of the week, provided the person using them knows what they are doing.

In Ill. we have had some cayotes with mange and they look a lot like this very ugly. when they are seen they are shot it is more humaine than letting them freeze in winter with know hair. Also no one wants it to spread.

Back
Top Bottom