What is this ???

Rachel92

In the Brooder
Oct 25, 2017
OK so I know this is random but I need my mountain experts or hunters to answer this I found this tree limb in my woods with shredded bark at the end and with these to me looks like black bear teeth or claw I was told it was not but couldn't pin point the animal could anybody Help..

Attachments

• 20180128_163621.jpg
    20180128_163621.jpg
    660.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20180128_163624.jpg
    20180128_163624.jpg
    615.9 KB · Views: 13
From looking at this, I'm not sure it is teeth marks. Teeth marks would also be on opposite bottom portion of branch. You say there was shredded bark. Not in pix. Maybe get a pix of the shredded bark as well for evaluation. Also the shredded end of stick .
From just what I see in the pix, the 3 holes look to me like insect borer holes, that were under the bark. Not sure of the worm that may have did this.
If you suspect a bear, then keep looking for tracks on the ground.
WISHING YOU BEST....... :thumbsup

Looks like woodpecker to me, under the bark of trees there is a layer of fiber, a don't know if it's all trees thou.
To me being the bark is eaten off it looks like Deer Hoof scratches to get the bark loose....
To me being the bark is eaten off it looks like Deer Hoof scratches to get the bark loose....
Deer will chew the bark off young trees eat the tender branches and leaders buck will rub the bark off with their racks but with cloven hooves it would be difficult to do chipping looks like a oak tree by the leaf litter and a small hole above the chipping still think woodpecker

Back
Top Bottom