What is this?

She's definitely part silkie from her crest and her comb. I understand silkies & seramas are suseptible to Mareks. My friend had 3 house chickens- 2seramas and 1 silkie all
5 yrs. old. One Serama died, then the silkie, and last the remaining serama within days of each other. She said they couldn't stand but, would eat if she hand fed them. I told her it was most likely Mereks.

The seramas were never let outside but, the silkie was allowed to be out with the dog (as protection). I'm thinking the silkie brought it in. The woman also was feeding crows, one adult and one young one. Then she said the young one didn't come anymore.

She is on a waiting list for a frizzle from the feed store. I told her Marek's would still be in her yard & home. She has never listened to anything I've told her. I'm guessing her next bird will end up with the same disease.

She's definitely part silkie from her crest and her comb. I understand silkies & seramas are suseptible to Mareks. My friend had 3 house chickens- 2seramas and 1 silkie all
5 yrs. old. One Serama died, then the silkie, and last the remaining serama within days of each other. She said they couldn't stand but, would eat if she hand fed them. I told her it was most likely Mereks.

The seramas were never let outside but, the silkie was allowed to be out with the dog (as protection). I'm thinking the silkie brought it in. The woman also was feeding crows, one adult and one young one. Then she said the young one didn't come anymore.

She is on a waiting list for a frizzle from the feed store. I told her Marek's would still be in her yard & home. She has never listened to anything I've told her. I'm guessing her next bird will end up with the same disease.
That’s a shame :(

Here’s the patterns on her feathers, i think they’re the nicest in my entire flock! I know a lot of breeds have this, so I doubt it narrows its down. Also, she’s about a third of the size of my JG pullet and FBCM roo, even though they’re exactly the same age. (Don’t know if that’s because of the silkie or her condition)
EBA39DD0-5CDD-41DA-B134-79E3242871F5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom