What is this?

Don't put it in a cage, however you should isolate and medicate it, I lost a spraddled leg chick due to stress of being trampled by a cockerel and a pullet.
What do you mean? I have no where else to put her unfortunately, she’s in a rabbit cage top which is about 110 x 50

Noticing people have to trim beaks in older birds, I was worried about mine... So I started offering fermented feed as a daily treat on top of a few bricks! :cool:
Yrs ago we were donated a leghorn hen by a neighbor whom found it wandering her property. She asked us if we wanted it. We took it in. Dusted it and housed it far from our flocks. After inspection about 10 days later, we noticed the beak was severely over grown. Real badly. We used a parakeet Cuttlebone over a period of a few days to gently remove the bulk. After placing her into population, the sand in our run and dust baths did the rest of the filing.

I think it’s just because she can’t move around:)
Not being able to move doesn't cause feather damage, they would be pristine... but it DOES make birds who can't dirt bath a sitting target for parasites...

I read some of your other threads... and I have noted it on other birds of yours. Listen I'm not here to judge, at all... just be helpful... I KNOW we can get you the correct info on how to treat. :thumbsup

Not being able to move doesn't cause feather damage, they would be pristine... but it DOES make birds who can't dirt bath a sitting target for parasites...

I read some of your other threads... and I have noted it on other birds of yours. Listen I'm not here to judge, at all... just be helpful... I KNOW we can get you the correct info on how to treat. :thumbsup
You missunderstand, I’m talking about her long beak due to her disability.
And yes, you’ve mentioned many a time that I should treat my birds, but unfortunately I don’t know what or how too. I know there are a lot of different parasites.

You missunderstand, I’m talking about her long beak due to her disability.
Sorry... it's easy to misunderstand sometimes. :oops:

I know you are working hard to take care of her! :hugs

All the different parasites and treatments can be SOOO confusing. :barnie

But hopefully will help you get it resolved. Hang in there! :fl

She is soooo cute too! :love

Sorry... it's easy to misunderstand sometimes. :oops:

I know you are working hard to take care of her! :hugs

All the different parasites and treatments can be SOOO confusing. :barnie

But hopefully will help you get it resolved. Hang in there! :fl

She is soooo cute too! :love
Thank you very much, you contribute and help me on posts a lot!

Back
Top Bottom