What is your favorite waterfowl?

I like any big, brown geese with fluffy white behinds. Ha ha. Even my husband wouldn't mind getting a few when we move further out into the country. He thinks geese are intelligent and entertaining.

If it has a fluffy butt and webbed flippers, it is my favorite.
gig.gif

If I could have water fowl I would have Kaki Cambel hens for eggs and Silver appleyards for both meat and eggs in the goose department either embdens or pilgrims for meat.

Henry

Okay my favorite geese have to be Sebastopol. (I'm getting two next week!! Yay!!) When it comes to ducks its a tie between Mandarin and Wood ducks. (which I hope to have some day.)
But there are many others I like too!!

Oh boy, now you gave me a reason to make a nice detailed list:

My favorit -

Domestic Duck breeds: Muscovies!!!! Love it when my canada goose sized, black drake comes towards me greeting me with a wagging tail, head bobbing and hissing(which is all greeting behaviour in scovies). They are the only domestic ducks I like, the rest are too noisy and just plain annoying and weird.

Wild ducks: Blue winged teal, Northern Pintail, Harlequin, Surf Scoter, King Eider, Hooded Merganser and Common Merganser

Domestic Geese: ......... hm......... from the looks I like the Brown Chinas and Blue Africans, temperament wise I don't like domestics much.

Wild Geese: White and Blue Phase Snows(got both), Barnacle, Ceropsis, Magellan, Nenes, Barheaded, Red Breasted, Egyptian and Western Greylag(had one, best goose I ever owned but sadly we had to leave her in Germany when we moved....... *cry* my poor Hera......never met a goose like her ever since.....)

Anna

Back
Top Bottom