What is your geese' favorite treat?

Germaine_11.20

Songster
10 Years
Jun 6, 2009
Idaho
Hi, I am wondering what everyone else treats their geese to? My little Africans like romaine lettuce the best and my new big Africans like cracked corn and spanish peanuts.

How about yours?

Thank you for answering the post. Melons and apples, great.

Why not too much corn?

You mentioned not to give them too much if I want to breed them.

My buffs love leaf lettuce, among other things....

On the melon topic, mine will eat cantelope rinds....the whole thing.....they just chew of bite size pieces and swallow the whole kit and kaboodle.

Mine likes most greens. Suprisingly, though, mine hates grapes and anything he deems as slimey (except worms.)

I learned that if you go to the supermarket and nicely explain to the product folks that you have a goose, duck, chickens, etc they will give you their produce refuse. *Please, anything to get the crazy fowl lady to go away!*
smile.png

It never hurts to ask and I always never come home empty handed. Some of the stuff they throw out looks just fine to me, saves me $, and my kids get a nice selection of treats.

My goslings favorite thing lately, though, is Brussel Sprouts. Individually peeled leaves. Then the core must be chopped (or bitten) by mommy into small, pea sized pieces.

But he's not spoiled at all.

Back
Top Bottom