What kind of chicken is this

PurpleWiggleButt

Songster
Apr 26, 2021
Jellico, TN
Funny story....
One day I told my mailman I wanted a chicken to clean up after my 3 embden geese to help keep the vermin population down. I made a crazy rat trap but the geese ate it by the next day.(see picts)
One day the mailman showed up with bills in one hand and a chicken upside-down in the other:eek:
That could only happen in a small town in Tennessee :lau
Now I wanna know what kind of chicken it is:confused:

Attachments

• 20211219_154642.jpg
    20211219_154642.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20211219_120431.jpg
    20211219_120431.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 6
  • VideoCapture_20211028-151654.jpg
    VideoCapture_20211028-151654.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 6
That could only happen in a small town in Tennessee :lau
I grew up across the mountain from you, back when LaFollette and Jacksboro each had their own high schools. Yeah, that long ago.

I'll tell a story. When in Arkansas when talking gardens, my dental hygienist said her grandmother was kind of upset that she didn't have and beets to can. The hygienist's father had not grown any that year. When I got home I dug a box full of beetroot, I had a lot that year, and took them to the hygienist. A few days later my post office mail carrier asked if I was the one that gave his daughter the beets? He told me that I got him out of the doghouse with his mother. That's how small towns work.

Now I wanna know what kind of chicken it is:confused:
Red.

I don't know of any breed that has that kind of feathers on its face, that kind of comb, clean legs, and that general body conformation. So yeah, probably a barnyard mix of different breeds.

Mutt. Please get at least two - she will be very lonely.
I love mutts! They just have personally and spunk. She's so friendly and does that hunker down thing showing me I'm dominant so I pick her up and pet her to keep her friendly.

I'd get another one but she thinks she's a goose.:lau she runs down the hill flapping her wings following the geese unfortunately they don't enjoy her company.

I grew up across the mountain from you, back when LaFollette and Jacksboro each had their own high schools. Yeah, that long ago.

I'll tell a story. When in Arkansas when talking gardens, my dental hygienist said her grandmother was kind of upset that she didn't have and beets to can. The hygienist's father had not grown any that year. When I got home I dug a box full of beetroot, I had a lot that year, and took them to the hygienist. A few days later my post office mail carrier asked if I was the one that gave his daughter the beets? He told me that I got him out of the doghouse with his mother. That's how small towns work.

Red.

I don't know of any breed that has that kind of feathers on its face, that kind of comb, clean legs, and that general body conformation. So yeah, probably a barnyard mix of different breeds.
I love small towns.Once they accept you your part of the family.
She has this wobbly thing on her neck that wiggles when she shakes her head. Her head has spots like a Wyandotte

Back
Top Bottom