What kind of dog do you have?

Hi, I'm new to this forum and to keeping chickens and dogs! We have 4 leghorn hens, 2 Orpington hybrid hens, 1 bantam hen, 1 French black copper marran cockeral with 5 12 week chicks, in another flock I have 6 meat chickens and recently 20 chicks (didn't expect incubator to do so well!) we have a St Bernard which we rescued 5 months ago. He loves to look after the chickens especially the 12 week old chicks as they grew up in the house and he was always watching them! I will have to try and post a pic as he's so sweet :) and now everytime I open the coop he has to see his little chicks come out! X

I have a Great Pyrenees, 3 dachshunds and a sheltie!!! They are all spoiled house dogs!!!!
love.gif

Mugen: Would love to see a pic of your Cauc Mountain Dog....I love them!!!!

Our only dog is a Catahoula Leopard Dog. Pretty rare out here in CA but I've come across a few people that know what he is. Most assume he's some kind of Australian Shepherd despite the fact that his body type is obviously a hound.
roll.png

I'll see if I can find a picture of him.

Edited to add pictures.

This was taken a couple weeks ago with one of our new kittens. The kitten just
love.gif
Khan, half the time his fur is wet from being licked! After a few minutes they realized I was taking pictures which led to the last one that looks like they're thinking "Quick pretend we don't like each other, Mom's looking!"
gig.gif
Of course the kitten forgot to stop kneading the blanket to make the ruse more believable!
14382_dscf3473.jpg

14382_dscf3484.jpg

14382_dscf3478.jpg

14382_dscf3479.jpg

Last edited:
My female saint Symphony. She is almost 14 months now.

53126_symfy122010.gif

53126_symfydawn2.gif

This is a pic of my oldest wiener dog....she is now 12 years old....she is probably 11 in this pic though. I have 4 wiener dogs.

53126_momma1resize.jpg

Last edited:
This is my American Bulldog, 'Cuda! 85lbs of pure love and lap dog
big_smile.png

I had to include the second one, no one believes that his BFF is a little piggy!
tongue2.gif

79902_sany0119.jpg

79902_harley_cuda.jpg

((Sorry this one is a little blurry
sad.png
))

Last edited:
Here's my Cricket. She's a rescue puppy. First picture she is 12 weeks - second picture she is 6 months. She is rott, lab, and german shepherd.
Cricket.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

She's the sweetest dog we've ever owned. Very loving and full of kisses. She also loves to eat chicken poop! So we keep her out of the coops....

Last edited:
Small,black and white dog is my ancient terrier mix Chappy. He is 22 years old.
White ASD is Toragana, or Tori.
Larger Fawn is Sampson, also a ASD from NASRN. He was a failed, abused guardian.
Paterson is the other fawn dog, ASD mix who was neglected,abused and then abandoned also from NASRN. He is the 3 legged dog

I have one labradoodle, Maddie, from American Labradoodles . I know a lot of people think all these mutt dogs are stupid (I do on the non-poodle crossed ones
hmm.png
) But it really gives the allergic-to-dog dog owner more choices (Like me) She's almost 7 years old. She's quite active, but likes to sleep like the average dog
lol.png

45995_maddieolive_003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom