What kind of plant is this?

FeatherLace

Chirping
Apr 7, 2020
Waycross, Georgia
I have a plant thats actually quite invasive. It grows fast and in large amounts, has very long stems, small, round, velvety leaves, and grows small white flowers at the ends. On the bright side, my chickens LOVE it. I'm in Southeast Georgia.

Anyone know what this is?
20200621_105817.jpg
20200621_105708.jpg

Thanks chickenlittle, well spotted.
I had this plant for years, all my poultry love it, chopped up in their treats, so much so, they have gone off their normal grain lol they we re very talkative and asked me, Mum can we have more of this weed lol spoilt rotten lol So I planted clumps in my allotment, in all big pots round my patios, 12 of them.with other plants in too, but the last 3 years my Emus got very fond of it and actually they sat down when I went in with a bunch, having had it day before, ( good memory ) since I mix it in with leek, 3 types of kale, broccoli leaves, and several types of spinach all grown for them, many pots I put in my big greenhouse in big pots, 85 x 16 ft and pick all winter for them , as the Emus are laying then.....no wonder they call it chick weed lol

I got this plants some 20+ yrs ago ,was in a plant from Holland and had Polish bantams then seeing them pecking at them ,
AAPolish Silver all 12.jpg
really stripping whole plants to ground lol they lay all year round, and had 7 different colours. That was very encouraging, to grow more, try to stop it ? impossible and is very hardy, all my animals love it.
Calla.
Wallabies and Silkies.JPG
Greens for young rhea n emu chicks.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom