What kind of Turkeys are these

rapturecidal

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 19, 2012
Yucaipa Ca

This is the best picture & the brown one is a chicken not a Turkey

A meat turkey Is a broad breasted white (BBW). They are the cornish cross of turkeys.

Where did you get the turkeys? An individual or farm supply store.

Most farm store carry Bbb or bbw.

If you paid 5 to 7 dollars each probably meat bird.

Royal palm are a heritage breed turkey.
Heritage breeds are 10 to 15 dollars a poult.

[/IMG] my royal palm tom and hen.

i got them from a feed store in Calimesa, it seems that almost everywhere i go to buy chickens or birds when i don't know what i'm buying they don't know either. i have to tell them. they were 8.50$ each. at 3 weeks old. there almost 5 weeks now.

At that price they are most likely broad breasted whites or what one hatchery calls Giant Whites which is just a different name for a BBW.

Okay this is the first one.

Okay this is the second one

And the last one and these are the best I can get it because they're cell phone pictures.

Look like your average meat turkey. or Royal palm. there kinda young. they will get more colors in a couple months

Look like your average meat turkey. or Royal palm. there kinda young. they will get more colors in a couple months
what does that mean "Average meat Turkey", these are my first turkeys so i know nothing about them.

i have been a member of this site for almost 4 years and reading it for almost that long too. but not reading the turkey section. I'm trying to find someone who can give me an answer or soe who look like them, but haven't yet.

and whats a Royal Palm also, as this doesn't have a turkey breeds section on site either.

Back
Top Bottom