What religion do you belong to?

This is a great thread as I find the study of religions one of my favorite interests. I am particularly surprised and interested in the number of Pagans on BYC.

I think I'm the first to post this faith group on BYC: Orthodox Christian

Raised Lutheran (ELCA) in a German American family that were mostly in the German Evangelical and Reformed denomination before and after immigrating. Converted to the Orthodox faith 20 years ago. I am in a parish that is more Russian style of Liturgy but all is in English since at least 1/2 of the parish are converts who are English only speakers. Photo below is from our church in case anyone is interested in what a typical small Orthodox parish looks like.

In looking at both this thread and the "What is your job?" thread, I've really come to appreciate the diversity of this website. Our unifying passion is the humble chicken. Life is good.

--Nikki

Grace is something we can all use a little more of.

Towards each other, towards our many families. Whatever
church you may or may not go isn't the point.

Spook....who loves God with a passion.

Don't forget ducks! :)

In order to be more inclusive, let's just say "poultry!" Seems like lots of folk don't want to stick with just one bird species!
ya.gif

I'm a quiet Presbyterian. Just a too each their own type. As long as it's legal I think people are welcome to believe in whatever they want to.

I'm a Buddhist, although I don't believe in reincarnation. I'm open to the possibility, just have no evidence for it.

I am a Gnostic, and no I didn’t mean Agnostic, I mean I follow the Gnostic perspective. Gnosticism is also known as the first religion. The word Gnostic came from the Latin word Gnosis which means wise in Latin. The ancient Greeks highly respected it by calling it the wise religion.

if i didnt belive in Gnosticism as strongly as i do than i would be Muslim.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom