What to do with all these chicken feathers?? (craft ideas??)

love this thread. i have a feed bag full of feathers in the coop and have been wondering what to do with them!

One of my duck hens just molted all of her flight feathers in one day, i collected them and added them to the bag. Pens might be a cool idea for those!

Quote:
How simple and elegant!! My dgd would LOVE the hair clip! I now have a great stocking stuffer for them!! Thanks for posting!
frow.gif

I love to make masks with my feathers. Granted the first one is done with feathers from my pheasants but the second one (black and white) is done with the tail feathers from my Sumatras and Yokohomas.

16250_mask_003_picnik.jpg

16250_mask_004.jpg

Quote:
I love this! I make grapevine wreaths with hollowed out & refilled eggs in all sorts of natural colors, then add dried flowers/grasses, and top it off with... feathers!! My last 2 such egg wreaths will be on our Chinese Auction table at our Fall Show 10/16. I also have a big RP tom turkey & his huge feathers confound me. I usually just give them to kids, since they love a big huge feather.

I like to arrange feathers into the shape of fans, flowers, and whatnot, then attach it to a hairclip for a formal hair accessory. It's fun to dye the feathers to match the outfit you have in mind. You can dye patterned feathers too - ones from pencilled, laced, and spangled breeds, or even guineafowl look very pretty when dyed.

Peewee, I love those masks!
clap.gif

Okey, i have many chicken feathers and i would like to make business with you.
kindly am looking forward to receive your Mail or contact,

You are probably finding so many feathers because your birds are molting. are they going broody? Hens tend to pluck out feathers to line the rim of the nest to keep their chicks warm. They just use their beaks and pull out the chest feathers. (this is to LaSombra)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom