What type of lock do you use on your coop? Post pic, please

ThatTeowonna

Songster
Oct 12, 2020
Columbia, SC
Hello. I need to further secure my chicken coop. Right now, it has a simple slide lock. I'm having a hard time envisioning another option to provide better security. What type of lock do you use? Please post a pic of the setup and let me know where you bought the components. If possible, add cost. Please and thank you.

slide lock.jpg

Hello. I need to further secure my chicken coop. Right now, it has a simple slide lock. I'm having a hard time envisioning another option to provide better security. What type of lock do you use? Please post a pic of the setup and let me know where you bought the components. If possible, add cost. Please and thank you.

View attachment 2692686
I use that and on top I have a lock like this (link below)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xerBm5J5G4PXAt1S10bnx3DAxUSFxNGnT0gm8S_GJvI/edit

Mine is a small carabineer and two eye screws. You have to turn it around, open it, and unhook it from one of the screws to open the door. I don't know the cost because it was all stuff we had on hand, but not expensive, I'm sure. The carabineer works as a door pull too.

Attachments

• IMG_0878.JPG
    IMG_0878.JPG
    585.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0877.JPG
    IMG_0877.JPG
    478.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0876.JPG
    IMG_0876.JPG
    327.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0875.JPG
    IMG_0875.JPG
    567.3 KB · Views: 24
On the main run it's a chain link kennel door.

1715392_P_SC.jpg

in the hole of the latch is a cheap carabiner tied to a string tied to the wire.
Thank you for that! I have that style lock on my old chicken run. I’ve been using metal wire to add more security. This makes a whole lot more sense. (Duh...)

Mine is a small carabineer and two eye screws. You have to turn it around, open it, and unhook it from one of the screws to open the door. I don't know the cost because it was all stuff we had on hand, but not expensive, I'm sure. The carabineer works as a door pull too.
I feel like such a fool. There are so many simple solutions that are 10 times better. This is excellent! Thank you for sharing... I mean really!

Attachments

• 4FE19126-8A53-45F0-AB32-C7FCDB79E8CE.jpeg
    4FE19126-8A53-45F0-AB32-C7FCDB79E8CE.jpeg
    732.4 KB · Views: 19

Back
Top Bottom