What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

Pics
A barred rock was your rare breed freebie, that's sad. They weren't very imaginitive with that selection
1f615.png
I wonder what made them think that that is rare. Maybe it is something else with a barred or barred-like pattern. Dominique or Cuckoo Marans.

Last edited:
Austinspoultry-Sorry for your lost chicks!! That is too bad!

LeanneP-Sorry to hear you had lost so many chicks too! On a happy note*My daughter ordered a Blue Cochin as her special chick for this years delivery. They are scheduled to arrive next week. I am excited to see what the cochin will be like! The other kids picked a golden wyandotte, golden and silver polish. Can't wait!

I hope every ones chicks arrive in tip top condition. Would be nice to have some decent weather for better shipping.

Austinspoultry-Sorry for your lost chicks!!  That is too bad!

LeanneP-Sorry to hear you had lost so many chicks too!  On a happy note*My daughter ordered a Blue Cochin as her special chick for this years delivery.  They are scheduled to arrive next week.  I am excited to see what the cochin will be like!  The other kids picked a golden wyandotte, golden and silver polish.  Can't wait!

I hope every ones chicks arrive in tip top condition.  Would be nice to have some decent weather for better shipping.
I am praying for the best for us all. My youngest son chose a Blue Cochin as his pet chicken as well. He just turned 3. He is super excited. We ordered in November and are scheduled for the week of March 9th. We have a little more time. He picked out her chicken diapers and saddle. I feel that she is really going to be a pet.

i have we live 30 min. from them and i only wanted 10 or so chicks and it turns out if you pick them up 10 is the minimum! so we did...they are all healthy and growing very fast. we ended op ordering 11 but we got 12 because of the free chick it was a barred rock

Who did you order from and what did you order??
We ordered from Mcmurray. As far as which breeds, HA HA we ordered a ton!! 14 different breeds total of 44 chicks! WHEW! Everyone kids, me and DH has picked out breeds this me that we wanted. Kids just flipped through catalog and picked what they found interesting. I wanted to try out different breeds. DH wanted egg laying machines. SO we ended up with quite the variety!! I am super excited to see how the different breeds are. Love it!

We ordered from Mcmurray.  As far as which breeds, HA HA we ordered a ton!!  14 different breeds total of 44 chicks! WHEW!  Everyone kids, me and DH has picked out breeds this me that we wanted.  Kids just flipped through catalog and picked what they found interesting.  I wanted to try out different breeds. DH wanted egg laying machines.  SO we ended up with quite the variety!!  I am super excited to see how the different breeds are.  Love it!
Your family sounds like mine. We were only going to add 5 dual purpose breeds. Before we ordered we had to chop it down to 35. We will end up with 72+ birds by the spring. My youngest is getting his first chick this year. He wanted a Blue Cochin and a Buff Laced Brahma. Mcmurray only carries one of those, so he got the BC. Amici Mei (is what he named her) will be here in less than 2 weeks. He is super excited. I love this! Next year we will hatch more and start more meat birds Instead of ordering so much.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom