What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

Pics

This is our free chick. Does anyone have any idea what breed? I didn't realize how many types look like "chipmunks" I thought she was a speckled sussex, but she's redder and has gray stripes instead of white and a almost purplish wash to her legs. Any ideas?:D
Fayoumis?

Oh wow, that breed certainly wasn't on my radar
lol.png
it does look a lot like mcmurray's pictures though. Hmmm.

I didn't know what a fayoumis was so I popped on over to Mcmurray to check it out. Pretty cool if that is what your chickie is!! I just love trying to figure out what the mystery ones are.

Are these the extra ones that would be considered your mystery chick or are these extra of breeds you had ordered?
Mcmurray had put in one extra each of 3 breeds I ordered plus I got the mystery chick that had been the dark Brahma.
Your chick in front is that a blue Cochin?
Sure is a Blue Cochin! The free one that I had, they labeled them. These two were just in the box, and we're not labeled on the packing slip. I hoping for a breed that I did not have.

I thought it was a blue Cochin. It looked very familiar.
wink.png
DD had picked out that breed. I ordered 2 just in case one died along the way. We had gotten one blue and one black one. They are super cute!! We call them Little Blue and Little Black. Original names I know. They have to be one of the cutest chicks ever IMO.

We do have one that we do not know what it is. I guess this is what happens when you order a mixed bunch.
My husband and I are guessing Partridge Rock, but if she is ; what is the chick that we have been calling Partridge Rock? And we have even named the one that we assumed was a PR Roxy

We do have one that we do not know what it is. I guess this is what happens when you order a mixed bunch.My husband and I are guessing Partridge Rock, but if she is ; what is the chick that we have been calling Partridge Rock? And we have even named the one that we assumed was a PR Roxy

The face of this one doesn't look like a partridge. I ordered partridge rock too last year I got hens, this year I wanted a roo. He has a solid dark color on his head not speckled like this one pictured. This face reminds me of the golden laced wyandotte my DS picked out. Is that a possibility?

This is the one that we have been calling Roxy.

Hmmm my partridge doesn't quite look like this one either. Mine does not have the dark line over the eye and his feathers have no white spots at all. I tried to catch him to take his picture for you but that did not happen. I only managed to stir up the whole brooder and get them all running!

Back
Top Bottom