What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

Pics
I had to research SS to identify mine. I got Welsummers in my order, so that made it really hard. Anyway, I got the brown leghorns in my last order and they had yellow legs. The SS have pink/white legs. I hope this helps! Also, my SS was really BROWN. If I'm recalling correctly, the leghorns had a more reddish tone to them. The one in the back, left is the SS here. Here you can see their leg color better I hope. These are Brown Leghorns: It's a terrible pic, but you see they have yellow legs and their belly color is more reddish than white.
Thank you. This helped a bunch. I will run downstairs to check after I get my kids ready this morning. Thank you so much. Now I can concentrate on these mystery chicks.

All of my chicks arrived happy and healthy today in the mail. Got them their electrolytes and they're off to a good start. Loudly cheeping in the house. :) MM threw in an extra Speckled Sussex chick. Took me a minute to realize what my mystery chick is, but with the puffy cheeks and no leg feathers. The wild chipmunk look.. Easter Egger.

7 - Speckled Sussex
13 - Andalusians
2 - Golden Laced Polish
4 - Buff Minorcas
1 - EE

Okay so my chicks are 8 weeks old. I ordered from MCMurray and finally figured out which ones my mystery chick well sorta. So I ordered a barred rock and I'm going to put up pictures which one is my barred rock and what is my mystery? I was thinking either a cuckoo marren or a Dominique and also any guesses on whether its a male or female appreciateted!!

I am really not sure. My Cuckoo Marans from McMurray are 4 weeks and are dark like your darker bird. My Dominigue has had slower barring. I have not ever raised a Barred Rock, and am not sure of their features while chicks. I only know that the males are lighter than the females. I am sure that you do not have a Dominique because of the comb. We can rule that out. Hopefully someone else will chime in to help.

I am really not sure. My Cuckoo Marans from McMurray are 4 weeks and are dark like your darker bird. My Dominigue has had slower barring. I have not ever raised a Barred Rock, and am not sure of their features while chicks. I only know that the males are lighter than the females. I am sure that you do not have a Dominique because of the comb. We can rule that out. Hopefully someone else will chime in to help.

I posted on another forum and they said that the lighter was a male Dominique because of the comb and that the other was a female barred because they have single combs....

Back
Top Bottom