What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

Pics
Now I have had time to look at the pictures better, I'm starting to think my mystery chick might be a buff laced polish and not a white polish. I noticed some tan on the feathers that I was first assuming was dirty feathers. Now I'm not sure. (sigh) I can't wait to get to Montana and actually see the chicks.

I received my MMM chicks today. Ordered 21 and got 26. All healthy! Extras were one mystery chick and 4 packing peanuts. Don't know what they are though.

This is my mystery chick, Looks like a roo by the wing feathers.

And I have 4 of these packing peanuts, all pullets!

Does anyone know what these two are? Thanks!

I received my MMM chicks today. Ordered 21 and got 26. All healthy! Extras were one mystery chick and 4 packing peanuts. Don't know what they are though. This is my mystery chick, Looks like a roo by the wing feathers. And I have 4 of these packing peanuts, all pullets! Does anyone know what these two are? Thanks!
The first is a blue cochin. Why are you sure the sex of that one and the packing peanuts? Were they marked, or are you trying feather sexing? Feather sexing only works on certain hybrids.

Yeah I was probably wrong on the sex of the chicks. They're most likely all roosters. I was trying to feather sex but as I read more about it I realized that you can only do it with certain breeds. I just have to be patient and see what I get!

Yeah I was probably wrong on the sex of the chicks. They're most likely all roosters. I was trying to feather sex but as I read more about it I realized that you can only do it with certain breeds. I just have to be patient and see what I get!
The yellow ones may be red sex link males.

Back in the day my Murray McMurray freebie was a golden penciled hamburg male. My friend named him Cheeseburger, but he had terrible crooked toes and we didn't keep him. My aunt and uncle had an Egyptian Fayoumi hen (flighty thing) and another time an EE rooster who was a doll. C'est tout!

Last edited:
Got my chicks this morning.. I got a few more then what I purchased, including the free mystery chick. I ordered light brahma's, looks like I got a two red chicks, and black faced chick.. Pictures to come after I am done playing with them. :)

Back
Top Bottom