What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

Pics
10 bucks says they throw in an extra turken.

If I was confident they would I wouldn't bother adding them but I feel like they probably save the mystery turkens for people would don't like turkens
lau.gif
. Such is the way things work lol. I will likely get something common because that is what I am trying to avoid
roll.png
The anticipation is exciting though!

If I was confident they would I wouldn't bother adding them but I feel like they probably save the mystery turkens for people would don't like turkens
lau.gif
. Such is the way things work lol. I will likely get something common because that is what I am trying to avoid
roll.png
The anticipation is exciting though!
The only time I ordered from murry, I got a darn turken.The ugliest most worthless bird in my flock.
I would have just wished they sent me a duck, or a real turkey or something.

The only time I ordered from murry, I got a darn turken.The ugliest most worthless bird in my flock.
I would have just wished they sent me a duck, or a real turkey or something.

I've had Turkens in the past, I think they are lovely. I am also that person who thinks its cute if it is ugly. I can understand though. I have my fair share of breeds that I am not a huge fan of.

I just ordered twenty eggs from the rarest of the rare can't wait till they get here to see what they sent me!! Has anybody else ordered these and what did you get??

We ordered two dozen Black Jersey Giants and we received a Black Cochin as our exotic. She looked almost identical to them at first but them feathered feet were a give away. Here she is at two weeks old.

Black cochins are pretty things. We got one as our extra also and he was very friendly. We named him Chance and he liked to follow you around.

So I'm new at the chicken world! But I'll be placing a order for April 3 Rd bc that's when you can only order 15 chicks... I don't want to overwhelm myself with to many. I think I'm going to order the exotic ornamental layer collection. I love the thought of not knowing what your going to get. I'm glad that I seen where they throw some roosters in there bc I was going to go to local tractor supply and buy a few. Has anyone got the exotic ornamental collection yet ? Would love to see what you got !?! I'm so excited for them... What can I get for my chicks that will help them be healthy when I first get them ? Thanks for the help

So I'm new at the chicken world! But I'll be placing a order for April 3 Rd bc that's when you can only order 15 chicks... I don't want to overwhelm myself with to many. I think I'm going to order the exotic ornamental layer collection. I love the thought of not knowing what your going to get. I'm glad that I seen where they throw some roosters in there bc I was going to go to local tractor supply and buy a few. Has anyone got the exotic ornamental collection yet ? Would love to see what you got !?! I'm so excited for them... What can I get for my chicks that will help them be healthy when I first get them ? Thanks for the help

Baby chicks need to be warm, they need a clean spacious area to move around and be active in, they will be hungry when they arrive so I would have chick feed on standby but begin with a nice big meal of hard boiled egg yolks. As much as they want to eat of the stuff. That will perk them up after their voyage by post and be easy on the digestion. You need to begin introducing pro-biotic to them in some way also. Unflavored Greek yogurt mixed with finely ground cornmeal is easy and cheap. They love that stuff almost as much as the egg yolks. Be sure to call your hatchery immediately after getting your birds out of the box if you notice any problems during your initial inspection. They are in my experience eager to assist you if there is any injuries or loss sustained to your flock if you contact them within 48 hours of receiving them. Hope this helps! I can only speak for Cochins from the ornamental breeds and as for our cochin pictured in the center of my previous post (CODENAME R2-D2) we adore the little fella!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom