What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

Pics
No clue. Right now they are all about the same size. I never had a bantam, but I have seen them at feed stores and they look considerably smaller vs standard chicks. Who knows. I have a black copper marans about 2-3 months old and I'm guessing every day regarding the sex...

Guessing is always fun. : )

The fact that it is white and black cuts out any birds that will grow up to be red or partridge. I'm guessing it is standard sized because of the proportions of the head and body (sort of like a pony to a horse it seems bantams are to standard chickens). It doesn't have a crest, feathered feet or extra toes, which also cuts out a great deal of breeds. Barred breeds will usually be mainly black with white on the head and chest, so I'm doubting it is barred or cuckoo. It doesn't have dark legs so I don't think it would be a Black Giant or Australorp unless it just had poor genetics.

My guesses are either: White Faced Black Spanish, Black Minorca, or a Ancona.
smile.png

Let us know when you figure it out.

This was my mystery ... What is he or she... I've tried for weeks to figure out what breed

Almost makes me think Delaware, since it reminds me of my little guy, Dexter. Dexter grew far faster then any of our other chickens and was mostly white with a little grey-black on his neck, wings, and tail. He was also FULL of personality.

Almost makes me think Delaware, since it reminds me of my little guy, Dexter. Dexter grew far faster then any of our other chickens and was mostly white with a little grey-black on his neck, wings, and tail. He was also FULL of personality.

Yes, this one almost looks about a week older then the rest but they are all the same age of two weeks old. It started growing out wings alot faster then the others also. He or she is sure spunky ;)

Back
Top Bottom