What would kill a goat this way?

Don't forget about cats, Bobcats, feral cats, Bobcat/feral cat mixes, ocelots, not sure of all smallish wild cats up there. Maybe even wild young canine animals, wolf, coyote, fox or a local dog.

It all depends on the individual animal. Coyotes are notorious for killing and leaving lie. Especially since they were all young. Killed one, the others were panicking and the chase was on. Many animals kill for sport, not food. And that varies by animal to animal of the same species, as well.

I don't think there are any species of bat in the U.S. that drink blood are there? I think even the bats that do, don't kill the "victim". A rabid bat also wouldn't cause immediate death, it would just pass on the disease. I have a bat house in my yard with almost 200 bats living in it. They are wonderful for eating night flying insects!

Quote:
Well I saw something exactly like this one in my yard a couple years ago. I will never forget it.

And it was not a fox. It had a grayish brown mottled look to it with that long tail and was very ugly. This was around 5 pm so that was full daylight. It seemed huddled and cowering when it saw me and left hesitantly. I must say, it left me quite disturbed for several days and I did think of the chupacabras, but I never said anything for fear of not being believed.

Who knows. :|

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom