What would kill a goat this way?

* I vote sub-human humans, too.
sad.png

Quote:
Looks like someone has been keeping African Wild Dogs..... Mange covered ones
sad.png
Poor thing.

african-wild-dog_01tk.jpg

Maybe it had crossed with feral or domestic dogs as well. People and their exotic pets.

Last edited:
Sounds like Momma Fox was out with babies teaching them how to hunt. As with any young ones, they were excited by the chase, not so much as the food. Skin closes in post mortum appearing like pin holes= pups teeth.
Its such a shame, keep your goats in at night.
We had a farm local here in Maine, when a pals sheep (pregnant) were killed by a husky that was someones favorite pet. The sheep ran and the chase was on. Unfortunately the dog was excited, played them to death, nipping and biting them. Its a shame when its your pet or food source.

You know, several people have made good points on this issue. Coyotes will and can kill for sport and I remember reading not to long ago about a mange outbreak among coyotes, red foxes, wild dogs, etc. Here's a pic of a red fox with mange. This could be everyone's chupacabra.

http://www.terrierman.com/mange.htm

This sounds like the work of some kind of wild dog for sure.

Last edited:
dixygirl
:

Well I saw something exactly like this one in my yard a couple years ago. I will never forget it.

And it was not a fox. It had a grayish brown mottled look to it with that long tail and was very ugly. This was around 5 pm so that was full daylight. It seemed hunddled and cowering when it saw me and left hesitantly. I must say, it left me quite disturbed for several days and I did think of the chupacabras, but I never said anything for fear of not being believed.

:|

I think what you have in your video is a "sampson fox" a genetically abnormal red fox. Very, very rare! http://www.cryptozoology.com/gallery/display_picture.php?id=3373

Stacey, Sorry that the kids won't go check on the chickens anymore at night.....
big_smile.png

Tim I 2nd Stacey's Thanks.
lau.gif

But this is a serious matter with 20 kid goats dead w/out being torn apart or drug off. I was actually talking with a friend when I read the post about the goats and she said it sounded like the Chupacabra or mangy fox or hairless Hyena or whatever it is. It's a possibility it could be.

Back
Top Bottom