What would kill a goat this way?

Quote:
I agree that it is a coyote. When I posted the pic. of the fox, I was merely using that picture as a reference as to what mange could make an animal look like. Not pretty, for sure!

My personal vote is for a fisher. My neighbour had one that was attacking her lambs. Her discription of the kills were that a fisher jumps on the animal and bites the neck. http://home.mcn.net/~wtu/fisher.html

They
are scary vicious little buggers. Around these parts, in the spring people are reminded to keep their pets in at night.

I think your neighbour would be well advised to make sure his goats are indoors at night.

I think we need more information.

At least a couple of the bodies should have undergone a necropsy to determine the REAL cause of death(bleeding, suffocation, or broken necks). How were the goats kept(what type of fence/building). Were the adult goats in with the babies? How old were the babies? How big were the babies? Were they fainting goats? Over what time period did this happen?(1 night, a couple of nights, 2 days and a night, etc?).

I'm thinking it was a weasel or mink. Just because this sounds VERY similar to the weasel attacks on poultry. I could also see it being a dog. Unfortunately, I can also see it being a human predator.

It is scary what people are capable of and what people thrive on. I could see some sick person planning a stupid prank and wanting to stir up suspision in a small comunity/town.

It was definately NOT bats. Vampire bats suck the blood of living animals. They do not take enough to kill an animal like a goat, and definately not 20 of them. Vampires bats feed at night by sitting on the ground and making one(!) cut in an animal and by licking the blood and not 'sucking'.

Sorry to hear about the goats. It is a sad thing to think 20 goats were wasted, not even eaten. I hope they figure out and catch whatever did it.

-Kim

Last edited:
yet

lol.png

ok its NOT a bat no bats in the world could kill one or 20 baby goats.
fact

its not a human. humans dont have sence enough to kill 20 goats the same way even for a prank. it would be slopily done. if you told me to kill 20 goats and only leave a few small puncture wounds on the neck to look like a bite i couldnt do it. people would mess it up.

it is not the chupacabra. first off its not proven to be real so you should find the real culprit. or you can just blame aliens and bigfoot i heard they were in cahoots.
hmm.png

it sounds like a weasle or a group of coons. or atleast it sounds similar to when weasles or coons atack chickens. they go way overboard on a killing spree and either eat very little or nothing at all.

if it was a weasle or coons then they will be back.

coyotes? it doesnt seem to match up.

fox? again it does seem to match

dogs? dogs are sloppy especially if they were going to kill 20 goats.

but its NOT BATS and NOT the CHUPACABRA(which isnt real)

so be helpful

Hey, why not keep this going???
lol.png
Neither coons or weasels would kill goats. And, we've had experience with both, in our flock. And, although I know weasels will go on killing sprees, OUR weasel ate. And, coons can and do go on killing sprees, but they make a mess. Really. They're horrible. I could tell you a story about what they did to us, but it belongs in a post about coons. Anyway, this is so interesting I wanted to keep it bumped up; maybe someone else will have an idea.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom