What Would Their Chicks Look Like? (#2)

SwampPrincessChick

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Oct 30, 2022
The Swamp
I have another question regarding two of my chickens. The chicken on the top is my Blue Cochin Bantam cockerel, Slate, and the chicken on the bottom is my Buff-Laced Polish pullet, Autumn. I would never hatch out their eggs because Slate has a leg deformity that I would not want to pass down lines, but in another world where we didn't have to worry about that, what would their chicks look like? I am curious because it would seem like an odd pair.

20231006_180015.jpg

20240204_104902.jpg

@NatJ
@Amer
@pipdzipdnreadytogo

I have another question regarding two of my chickens. The chicken on the top is my Blue Cochin Bantam cockerel, Slate, and the chicken on the bottom is my Buff-Laced Polish pullet, Autumn. I would never hatch out their eggs because Slate has a leg deformity that I would not want to pass down lines, but in another world where we didn't have to worry about that, what would their chicks look like? I am curious because it would seem like an odd pair.

View attachment 3743730
View attachment 3743734

@NatJ
@Amer
@pipdzipdnreadytogo
White chicks, with crests and feathered feet and probably muff/beard. Combs probably would look a bit like a Buttercup comb.

White because the Cochin would give the genes to be black all over (Extended Black plus some modifiers), and he might or might not give blue as well. Then the Polish would give Dominant White to turn all the black (or blue) into white.

Dominant White can be various amounts leaky, so the chicks might be paint (lots of leakage, in black or blue), or might just have a few small dots of white or blue, or might just look plain white.

White chicks, with crests and feathered feet and probably muff/beard. Combs probably would look a bit like a Buttercup comb.

White because the Cochin would give the genes to be black all over (Extended Black plus some modifiers), and he might or might not give blue as well. Then the Polish would give Dominant White to turn all the black (or blue) into white.

Dominant White can be various amounts leaky, so the chicks might be paint (lots of leakage, in black or blue), or might just have a few small dots of white or blue, or might just look plain white.
Thank you! I can only imagine what that strange combination would look like.

Back
Top Bottom