WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I "moved" this from the swap thread...

I honestly think that we need to raise the value of the swap. $10 is great, but when you think about if someone claims something across the country, that's $7 to ship your item to them, so you end up losing out in the end. It really isn't worth it at that point. I would honestly say that a $15 minimum would help keep things more active. Maybe that and a $18-$20 min for the gift cards, to account for shipping? I don't know how everybody else feels about it, this is everybody's swap, not just mine, lol.

Any thoughts?

I think raising the value is a good idea. I'm new to this thread, and I had a hard time deciding how much things I'm offering were worth. Shipping is expensive enough the items need to be worthwhile. I'm just going to work with whoever claims my offer and be sure they're happy with the value.

I don't think winter should effect this thread as much as the hatching eggs threads. Winter is when I have more time to craft
smile.png

Do you think you need to start a new swap with new rules and minimum values? If you can't edit the rules on this one, that may be the way to go.

I do like the idea of being able to get gift cards from time to time, but really don't see the point in simply swapping gift cards all the time. Not really in the spirit of the swap, IMO. I can see it on occasion, but hopefully not a constant thing.

I agree as well. I still think of myself as a newbie still so just my 2 cents. Although, *I think* I've done enough swaps to to be cleared, kinda lost track. :)

I think $20 on gift cards and going to 1 yr on GFM's is a fair offer too. Those are stoppgaps, so I think it's only fair to raise those a bit and maybe it will flow a bit better if they're not tossed up as much?

Just a thought. I do love this swap, and it is great fun even to just watch when it gets busy. :)

Edited cuz I can't spell, lol.

Last edited:
The gift cards I've claimed, they just sent the codes to me electronically. As for tracking, it's free through the USPS. If you're shipping priority, it's automatically added. If you need to ship First Class, use paypal.com/shipnow and print through them, because then tracking is free through them.

My only issue with getting rid of gift cards is that I have yet to find a hobby( like soap making) that I can do I'm stuck with wood carving which gets heavy.. And most people don't want what's laying around

How do you do the online gift cards, the two times i did gift cards i bought and mailed them (on other swaps) so total cost with tracking was too much.

I need to join the tech age lol. When I sent a gift card, I purchased the card and thought I had to send it priority, which cost $5. I wound up losing money on that swap, probably, but I still had fun. But doing it electronically would help!

The gift cards I've claimed, they just sent the codes to me electronically. As for tracking, it's free through the USPS. If you're shipping priority, it's automatically added. If you need to ship First Class, use paypal.com/shipnow and print through them, because then tracking is free through them.
Thanks,

I need to join the tech age lol. When I sent a gift card, I purchased the card and thought I had to send it priority, which cost $5. I wound up losing money on that swap, probably, but I still had fun. But doing it electronically would help!
It's fun swapping i had fun too and so long as electronic ones are good, i'm in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom