what's good about Tennessee?

He also said the land there is really cheap! Holy cow, 2000 an acre? hmmmm *eyes Tennessee*

Darn it if I didn't already have a mortgage....

Most people in rural Tn, Al an Ga think of $2000 an acre as on the higher end. Brother just bought 10 acres of untouched woodland with a pond in Jackson Co Al for $23K.

Where in Al are you?

Last edited:
Quote:
morgan county. a lot of people coming to Huntsville to work are moving out here, subdivisions are popping up, land prices and taxes are going up. ugh.

Tennessee is a wonderful place to live. We live out in the country - but near enough to Nashville to enjoy some of the cultural events (Broadway series, symphony, etc.), good shopping, but lots of country, too - with lots of wildlife. We have wild turkeys and deer walk through our yard frequently. I took the class to get my concealed carry permit - can practice target shooting off my front porch since no one lives nearby. LOL! The mountains are only a short drive away. Lots of good, honest hard-working people here. Love it!

My guess is that now would be a good time to get a good deal on land or a house since the economy is hurting. People are willing to make a deal.

Columbia is not one of our finer locations. However, there are a lot of really lovely places outside and around Columbia. It depends on how rural he wants to go. Also depends on if he is interested in school systems or not. Some are substantially better than others.
Rutherford County is nice.
smile.png

The state as a whole is lovely though. I moved here in '95 and have loved it.

I have a place in smith co. tn...Its for sale, but so love it there. wish I didnt have to sell it. Little town called difficult!

What's good about Tennessee? The Batman building in Nashville is just cool, Jack Daniel's Distillery, Chatanooga has the best restaurant in on the planet, but I don't remember the name, it's across the bridge. The Houston Oilers are now the Tennessee Titans and I believe may take it this year. The Great Smoky Mountains.

Western Tennessee is hot as heck in summer and flat for the most part. Land is cheaper in some areas on that end than others. I prefer the mountains to the east, personally. I haven't seen anywhere in TN with $2000/acre land, but I'm betting that I wouldn't want to plant myself in any of those areas, either. There is a price to be paid for super cheap land that isn't in dollars sometimes.

That said, if I leave my place here, I'm moving slightly north into TN. Used to own a place in Fentress County, but that is some rocky and sandy ground. Just be sure that mineral rights come with the property. It's not unusual in TN for the gas and mineral rights under the land to be owned by others, one family is named Gernt (sp?) that owns much of that under the residents in some areas of TN.

Quote:
lol starting on which side?

There is good eating in Chattanooga.

Coming into the town of Chatanooga, there is a curve, and you turn left at a crazy looking motel, that was out of business when we were there last. Go a few blocks, and turn to the left again, and go across the bridge. The restaurant is on the left, and is a really nice, expensive place with the best prime rib I've ever had in a restaurant. We like to go to Chatanooga for the Case Knives, and just to get away. We don't do the tourist trap stuff.

Back
Top Bottom