What's the BEST Nest Box Material?

Thats cool! I do love my rosemary :)

If you love rosemary..,.I know someone who crushes rosemary in her hands and rubs the hens' legs to prevent mites. I adapted that into "rosemary hug." I crush rosemary in my hands and then pick each hen up and hug her and rub under her wings a bit. They are very patient with me....

:)

If you love rosemary..,.I know someone who crushes rosemary in her hands and rubs the hens' legs to prevent mites. I adapted that into "rosemary hug." I crush rosemary in my hands and then pick each hen up and hug her and rub under her wings a bit. They are very patient with me....

smile.png

Aww, what kind of girls do you have?

If using leaves. ..are there any to stay away from, like as in toxic?

I don't know the answer to that question, but I might make another pitch for pine shavings rather than leaves -- I worry that leaves that one collects might still retain some moisture. That's just my preference, though -- if you have other reasons for wanting to use leaves I'm sure they would work fine.

Total newbie here- I saw shredded paper listed as an option somewhere... Would that work? Maybe mixed 50/50 with pine shavings? I'm a teacher and would have access to lots of that for free.

Back
Top Bottom